No Reserve: 1968 Cadillac Eldorado BAT - No vinyl top, really nice. Bid to 25k with 7 days to go

According to my friend Matt,  68 is the year.   Hidden Headlights and bigger engine.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-cadillac-eldorado-8/

This 1968 Cadillac Eldorado is finished in white over a maroon interior and powered by a 472ci V8 paired with a three-speed automatic transmission. Features include hideaway headlights, electric windows and locks, automatic climate control, power-assisted front disc brakes, a power-adjustable front bench seat, and a push-button AM/FM radio. The car was acquired by the selling dealer in 2021, reportedly from the original owner. This Eldorado is now offered at no reserve with manufacturer’s literature, an uninstalled 8-track player, and a clean Minnesota title.

The car was finished from the factory in Grecian White (12) and was reportedly repainted in its current shade of pearl white in the late 1980s. Details include polished rocker panel trim, vacuum-operated headlight doors, and chrome bumpers. Paint imperfections can be seen in close-up photos in the gallery, and the seller notes that the power antenna is nonfunctional.

1624895939ba46410c0ae20210509_201837-sca

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, suchan said:

Wow, Bid to $28.5 at present. Didn't know these cars were suddenly so valuable.

Maybe it's the uninstalled 8 Track?

My only guess is:

1.  68

2.  No vinyl top

3.  Nice

4.  BAT

5.  Market is hot.

• Like 1

Pretty car, a few nitpicks: I don't think the cornering lamps are correct. I question the no-vinyl top comment, fairly sure the rear window moldings would be non-textured chrome rather than painted. And, if you are going to repaint a car this nice TWICE, why would you not paint the door jambs?

• Like 2