1969 Pontiac GTO Convertible Ram Air III 366hp 400 V8 4-SPD Manual $89,950.00

I've been watching this car for about 2 years.  It was with a dealer in Tenn or somewhere close before it moved to this one in FL.   It is exactly my HS car except for the RAIII.   Also, mine didn't have the hidden headlights and my tach was in the dash.     I hate the fake Judge stripes.    I sold mine for 2500 bucks in 1985.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114919346365

There is no good text for me to capture they way they did the ad.   But it is matching numbers, documented,  with some reasonably tasteful updates (not counting stripes).     They made very very few RAIII convertibles,  fewer sticks, and almost no Liberty Blue cars. 

I guess I would be stepping up now for the crazy price if I really wanted to get one.     The crappy car is a picture of mine from 40 years ago.

69RAIII-Vert-1.jpg

GTO-3.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice GTO.

I'm no fan of the Judge decals on this car either, but you'd think if one was going to bother putting them on, at least they'd put them on straight!

First thing I do is take an old blow drier to dealer decals on any new stuff.  Cannot imagine any issue here.  Start one spot and peel it off slowly.

Tougher to melt those Radial TAs than good ol bias ply though. 😁

20 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

First thing I do is take an old blow drier to dealer decals on any new stuff.  Cannot imagine any issue here.  Start one spot and peel it off slowly.

Tougher to melt those Radial TAs than good ol bias ply though. 😁

Only 350 bucks a piece Steve.

firestone-wide-oval-radial-fr70-15-rwl-m

• Like 1

Just now, Gearheadengineer said:

It’s all relative. Back in the day they weren’t any worse than the other bias ply options. I think I preferred Uniroyal Tiger Paws but don’t remember why. 

True.  But I really do like the look of the wide oval on this era vehicle.