Idaho: Jim's Vintage Automotive, Mountain Home

Jon37

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am calling every yard on this topic with no luck finding taillights for 1935 & early 1936 Pontiac's. Does any one know of any collectors of vintage parts? Collectors that don't mind selling parts? Since Junk Yards are getting thin on parts, is there a topic on collectors that sell parts? Can some one guide me to some collectors? Thanks in advance...

• 4 months later...

In my misspent youth I took many pilgrimages to wrecking yards in Idaho and Montana. Jim's yard was always on my list of must go to stops. It's been about 10 years since I was last there, at which time I introduced my sweetie to the Hines' and their yard. Not much was going on that day at the yard and the Hines invited us up on the front porch for some lemon aid (hot day in May). That's desert, hot in the summer cold in the winter. Paint hasn't much chance but chrome lasts forever. Not much changes there or at least hadn't for decades, but I can't answer for how it is today. I used to be able to visit cars that I had taken parts from-still in the same spot for 40 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lots of cool stuff out there, I've been one time. Best part was riding in the truck to get out in the yard, you ride with his family of dachshunds and one followed behind the truck all the way around the yard. Ended up with some good Rambler parts too, though a lot of the cars were pretty picked over already.

• 3 weeks later...