1937 Plymouth PU $8,900 (needs some work)

• mike6024 changed the title to 1937 Plymouth PU $8,900 (needs some work)

He must have consulted with the green Dodge business coupe guy on price but...

These are really cool and a bit unusual.  36, 37 were great years I think for mopar styling overall.

Makes one wonder if prewar small truck market will track with non Classic, non Fords or more like the postwar pick up truck market?

Would be nice to see a mopar hobbyist restore this one at home.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

While true there are not a lot of them around that truck might need everything up to and including the proverbial kitchen sink.  I am not clear if the engine in the bed is the engine for the truck or a spare. Price is too high in my estimation either way. 

I can see light through the grill coming from through the right hood side.

00Y0Y_8LpMpGx23euz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Does that look like it would be the correct engine and transmission? There is nothing under the hood. Seller does not explicitly say this is the correct engine he is including. He seems to assume it is. This is a seller without title, so effectively he does not own it, or at least proof of ownership is lacking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike6024 said:

00Y0Y_8LpMpGx23euz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Does that look like it would be the correct engine and transmission? There is nothing under the hood. Seller does not explicitly say this is the correct engine he is including. He seems to assume it is. This is a seller without title, so effectively he does not own it, or at least proof of ownership is lacking.

Yes it looks correct. Plymouth flathead(or similar Dodge etc.) and the floor shift trans would be correct for a truck and maybe a car of that era.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

That engine has been out in the weather for some time. I think some swapping of parts occured between this truck and the green one behind it. The green wheels are on the red one. Perhaps the seller reassembled the green truck with the more favorable components of the red one.

• Like 1