Saw this Packard the other day....

keiser31

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Whenever I see a car like that that looks good I can’t help but wonder why it has been sitting for a long time.

I agree. I hope keiser31 can eventually talk the fellow out of it. Very pretty car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Is this car sitting outside of a repair shop?

I believe a pic was posted of it here a few years ago.

Maybe it should be rescued.

You are correct. I have posted photos of it years ago in the same auto shop yard. There used to be a little Austin Healey roadster there, too, but it must have sunken into the ground.

• Haha 1

Yes, I remember the Austin as well.

I'm very surprised no one has done anything with this Packard after this much time. Too bad.

Is it paid storage at the repair yard? The guys in my area do that kind of thing. It looks too nice to be sitting outside, in my weather it would be crapped out in a couple of years. Maybe the owner is waiting for his own storage space. Or perhaps parked the car there and has since passed away, his heirs left with the........I think dad had a couple of old cars stashed somewhere?

I am amazed at condition of chrome and tires, even paint for a car that has spent even just a couple of years unprotected in the elements.  A decent amount of chrome on the 120, the grille is chrome not stainless, and windshield divider, bumpers look nice enough, etc.  Must be a condusive climate.  If that is the case that might be a good catch for someone in the area.

• Like 1