For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Plaza Station Wagon - "Diamond in the rough" - Seattle, WA - Not Mine - 8/4 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1954 Plymouth Plaza 2-door Station Wagon in Seattle, WA  -  $10,000  -  Call John:  360 424 407six  Calls only

Link: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/mount-vernon-1954-plymouth-plaza/7359817119.html

Seller's Description:

1954 Plymouth Plaza 2-door Station Wagon

• odometer: 36,967
  • transmission: manual
  • title status: clean

Less than 37,000 original miles. No Rust! Price is firm. Diamond in the rough. Been stored inside it's entire life. Call John:  360 424 407six No E-Mails Calls only.

image.png.8400d8e3b91ed79c307c8600f6fd6c27.png

image.png.e5e1d1d96fa035b40338ac99d160a3dd.png

image.png.d9837c32d5ec543bc292ab44ecdc209f.png

image.png.bec6709cc53de9d7ed0a68af87aee718.png

image.png.2eb433ca07ee368447da9bec7ce405b5.png

image.png.30556357403cc933125fb1b8ac81527e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Oh, I LOVE that, 6T-FinSeeker! One of the coolest cars you've posted! I've never seen one of this year before. I saw a 1950 Wagon for sale years back that I thought would've gone nicely with '50 P-19 (fastback two door) but it was a tad too rusty. This thing's even neater looking. I think the price is very reasonable if it is what they say.

• Thanks 1

My first car was a 54 Plymouth four door.  That would probably be a fun car and if it has been in the Northwest without rust most likely worth the asking price. 1954 having been a bad sales year for Plymouth and the general rarity of wagons is a plus for the owner. Might take a little while to sell but I expect it will and close to the asking price. 

• Like 1

This looks like a nicely preserved wagon, though I wish a little more background/info had been provided.  The seller states the car has less than 37,000 original miles.  I wonder if that is accurate.  Would the material on the side of the transmission hump next to the accelerator pedal be worn this much with so few miles?  Would the ribbing on the brake pedal be showing signs of wear on the bottom right with such low mileage?

I guess it's possible.  Sun and heat can go a long way towards causing the material on the hump to dry up and come apart.

Regardless of whether it is 36,937 or 136,937 miles, these photos show what appears to be a well maintained, everyday workingman's station wagon from the '50s.  It would be interesting to see some closer detail photos of the interior and the underneath.

I'm quite taken with the looks of this car.

image.png.2eb433ca07ee368447da9bec7ce405b5.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dosmo said:

The seller states the car has less than 37,000 original miles.  I wonder if that is accurate.  Would the material on the side of the transmission hump next to the accelerator pedal be worn this much with so few miles?

36,000 miles of driving in the city puts a lot more wear on the pedals. 

I wonder if it has over-drive?

I have always had a fondness for these two door wagons.

I am thinking that this car has more history than the seller is letting on.

It kinda looks like the tail gate has been repainted. These cars are famous for rusty tail gates.

A car parked in a garage all of its life should not have a weathered steering wheel, and the floor has its issues as well.

Not sure what I am seeing on the rear matt, but the fronts are missing.

I look a little closer and see that it is the photographers reflection.

• Like 2

At a glance this looks like a fairly nice car BUT.....Seller calls his car a diamond in the rough and says No Rust! but paint is mismatched in spots and there are splotchy touch-ups along the bottom of the driver's side. Nowhere does it say the car runs & drives. No engine pics either. Steering wheel & horn ring is from a later (1955-1956) Plymouth. Then there is that ugly front floor. The external pictures are taken from up high (maybe on a ladder) looking down, can't really see the bottom of the car. Poor ad, needs more information. For the lofty firm 10 grand price of this entry-level wagon the car should approach perfection in my book. Then again, maybe I'm too critical....

• Like 1

Critical is good. I do think from what I can see it is basically nice. That said for that kind of money I would either have to see it in person or a whole lot more information and pictures.  It is worth looking into if you wanted one. This is one case where being rare is true and might help a sale if someone really wants an old Plymouth station wagon. 

• Like 1

My initial reaction was yes that's a nice looking wagon, however if it had perfect all one color paint, nice rugs or floormat and in fact it is driveable and mostly show-worthy, the seller would be asking a lot more (like maybe 20K) for it like most sellers do today. I've had some personal experiences with about five 53-54 Plymouths and here in the salt belt they DO GET RUSTY. I think anyone interested should check it out but don't be surprised if the seller's not telling the whole story in the ad. 

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Plaza Station Wagon - "Diamond in the rough" - Seattle, WA - Not Mine - 8/4 Deleted