For Sale: 1972 Buick Electra - "Excellet condition" - Finksburg, MD - Not Mine - 8/19 Deleted

6T-FinSeeker

For sale on Craiglsit: 1972 Buick Electra 2-door Hardtop in Finksburg, MD  -  $12,800  -  No phone # provided.  Reply to Seller through Craigslist to:  cdaa161a3e3c3ea7bf8a74cdcdf0549c@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/d/finksburg-1972-buick-electra/7359360844.html

Seller's Description:

1972 Buick Electra 2-door Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 9,513
  • title status: clean

excellent condition, low mileage, garage kept, cash only, 454 motor

image.png.1b373524baa13d9d1ba0d84ea4b7b8d5.png

image.png.7be7beaf499710d3a870904b17e6c1b6.png

image.png.c31ddb185f60250737c49ae55bd7f19d.png

image.png.1e38b38264e66ef5a698bc0f99c67099.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is 

2 hours ago, pyasher said:

also under 10K miles - more like 110,000...

And why would you say that?  Just because car is low mileage doesn't mean it will be pristine, I have seen cars with this low mileage needing to be hauled off to the junkyard.  There is something under the hood that is an extrememely good indicator that this is original low mileage.   If you look at the vacuum advance and hose to it you will see it painted red, that was seen on original 72's and is a documented oddity and has been noted in the BCA national judging.  Your claim is based on nothing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Over 100k miles.  Probably needs a timing chain and gears.  There is red overspray on the distributor.   Body looks ok.   New upper radiator hose. I has that going for it.  Probably be a good runner with little effort.   

Read my above comment you’ll learn something

8 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

I learned plenty with my 73 Estate Wagon with 100k on the engine. It looked very much like this Buick under the hood. Everything else was in great shape. 

But you obviously didn’t know about the red paint on the hose and vacuum advance etc. as you pointed that out As being incorrect which it is not and Usually only seen on very low mileage cars

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

But you obviously didn’t know about the red paint on the hose and vacuum advance etc. as you pointed that out As being incorrect which it is not and Usually only seen on very low mileage cars

Over spray includes the distributor cap?  Possibly.  My choke housing on 60 Electra has green paint over spray. 38k mile car.  

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Also blow up the front photo. The black rubber strip around the front bumper looks perfect. Would not be at 110,000 miles.  I've owned 9 71-73 full size Electras or Centurions.  

I agree B Jake, having owned or cared for multiple uber low mileage Buicks of this vintage and other vintages as well, you learn what to look for and those strips are a a big one on these cars.  Those wheel covers are flawless as well still with high shine, those have not seen 100K of road, they can still be nice after 100K miles but loose that brilliance 

• Like 1

Huge disappointment seeing the interior, not because of condition as it appears pristine but becasue it's a base Electra with crank windows, basic door panels and more than likely no other creature comforts.  At least it has A/C but when buying an Electra people want the toys, even moderately optioned ones are harder to move than more heavily optioned ones

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1972 Buick Electra - "Excellet condition" - Finksburg, MD - Not Mine - 8/19 Deleted