For Sale: 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe - $12,500 - North Myrtle Beach, SC - Not Mine

For Sale: 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe - $12,500 - North Myrtle Beach, SC

1950 Plymouth - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

After a very very long nap , this survivor is ready to be enjoyed. No rust in trunk floor or rockers. Driver's floor rust replaced. New parts: tires, brake shoes, master and wheel cylinders, emergency brake band, brake lines, gas sender, gas tank and radiator removed and tanked. carburetor rebuilt, front and rear engine seal, front and rear transmission seals, plugs and points, clutch, pinion seal, floor mat, seat upholstered. All gages work as they should. I drive this car daily and she is sweet!  odometer: 42000, title status: clean

If you see this ad, car is for sale so don't ask if it is still available!

Copy and paste in your email:  2183e2fa547d307d88edc965005e163c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe.

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA a.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA ab.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA b.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA c.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA d.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA e.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA f.jpg

'50 PLYMOUTH BUS'ns CP VA g.jpg

Seller says she is sweet but I'm a little soured on a few things. Price seems optimistic with that awful seat and crusty engine compartment. Looks like it's time for a repaint too. Wrong rocker mouldings (1949), hubcaps (1951-1952) and the Deluxe name badges are missing on front fenders in front of the doors. Firewall looks like it's black, not blue so the car was already repainted, can it still be called a survivor car? Might be easy fixes for the right buyer but I don't know about $12,500.

• Like 1

I was gonna say that $12,500 seemed a lot for a Mopar of that era even if it is a businessman's coupe. Convertible maybe but not this one. That said it does have value if you are looking for one. Not a bad car at all. The owner probably considers it a survivor because it is still alive.

• Like 1

I agree it does look better than many other Mopars of the 50’s but I think at least some of that is because many of them did not get as good of care as the Fords and GM’s from that time did.  As we know even from today the number of renovated early Mopars of almost any era(except obviously the muscle cars) is much less than the rest.