For Sale: 1958 Buick Roadmaster Riviera - "Very special original car" - Arlington Heights, IL - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1958 Buick Roadmaster Riviera 4-door Hardtop in Arlington Heights, IL  -  $34,900  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/162075882686471/1958-Buick-Roadmaster-Riviera-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1958 Buick Roadmaster Riviera 4-door Hardtop

• 2 owners
  • Driven 14,500 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Blue
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Amazing 1958 Buick Roadmaster  -  The king of chrome! Very special original car Rare car. And maybe one of the nicest left in the USA. No expense spared to get it running in top mechanical condition.

Body: All original Original reef coral paint. Chrome in very good condition No rust or rot Floors and trunk look great. No rust or patched. Not perfect but very very good

Interior: Again, all original! Interior good but shows a little wear Power windows all work Power brakes Power steering

Mechanical: Starts and runs great Everything works I spent nearly 15k in work in the past 2 years.

• Top half of engine redone
  • New camshaft and lifters
  • Valve job with hardened seats for unleaded gasoline
  • New gaskets and hoses
  • New fuel filter
  • Carburetor professionally rebuilt
  • Radiator re-cored
  • Starter professionally rebuilt
  • Both manifolds replaced
  • New OEM exhaust every pipe
  • New OEM mufflers and resonators
  • New OEM vacuum pump
  • New brakes
  • New tires

Car is ready to drive and enjoy.

image.png.95451501fbf094e404bd754b50b33f79.png

image.png.5f018687b2a1e7e794b47e5d9498b5ff.png

image.png.001e15f421a32fefa3af769a20b3071a.png

image.png.a3c00e7c0d43cba7217b91f10b37f390.png

image.png.8a5003e6ea208eab1f7580c86f7a61d3.png

• Like 3

Buick went whole-hog on the glitter in '58 (as did many other US manufacturers), but the wheels, to my eye, don't look like much. WW's would help. 

You see so many '58's with bad brightwork that seeing one like this is really impressive.

$35K is a lot to pay for a four-door, but if you REALLY want one like this, it's as good as it looks in photos and the seller has receipts, maybe it's not out of the realm.

For the money the car is NOT perfect and it should be.  The engine compartment is VISUAL mess.  Moreover realize this is a 4 door and Buick might call the exterior color 'coral' but in these pictures I see a pink car!  The black wall tires don't help it either; a set of wide whites would enhance it.

But hey, that's me!

5 minutes ago, deac said:

For the money the car is NOT perfect and it should be.  The engine compartment is VISUAL mess.  Moreover realize this is a 4 door and Buick might call the exterior color 'coral' but in these pictures I see a pink car!  The black wall tires don't help it either; a set of wide whites would enhance it.

But hey, that's me!

I agree 100%. It is a nice car, no doubt about that, but for this price the entire car should be immaculate. The engine compartment sure looks original to me, but does it look that scruffy after only 14,000 miles? I also agree with your comment on the color. IMO Coral has a bit of an orange tint, this is a pink car.

• Like 2

Buick called this Coral, and this color looks correct for it.  The lighting makes a major difference, but it does in fact have a slight orange pigment in it and looks peach-ish in person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We need to keep in mind the car is 63 years old. My '72 Eldorado had 26K miles when I got it, the engine bay looked far scruffier than this one, and it's 14 years newer. Granted, a little WD40 would've brightened things up a bit. Color looks OK to me, unlike the PINK repaints we often see.

$35K is pretty much all the money, this isn't a 100 point car, but it's an original. Not sure what premium originality adds, but some folks seem pretty impressed by originality.

57 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

He did?  Why?  I don't know I'm just asking to know. 

This requires machining away part of the head to set the seats into.  These heads already have a very small space between the valves and are susceptible to cracking.  Doing this makes it worse, and creates a near certainty for premature failure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...