Marmon emblem year/model?

Milty1212

I found this emblem washed up on the beach of Lake Erie and can't find what year/model it comes from.  I found some that are similar but not quite the same.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_3084[1].JPG

I think the screw size hole should be smaller for blind riveting into the brass hub nut for a wire wheel. That is the typical mounting for them. Either way it’s a hubcap disc as opposed to what I would refer to as an emblem.

Wonder if the rest is still in the lake??

1 hour ago, oldford said:

You need to post dimensions. The wood wheel hubcaps had the same disk, but the pins that secure it to the casting are on the sides.

Frank

IMG_3903.JPG

It's 2in in diameter.

The big Marmon history book says the original company was Nordyke and Marmon and they made a series of flour milling machines,electrical equipment,etc. long before getting into automobiles. I suspect that plate was on something they made in the very early 1900's,possibly a vehicle,that had just the Marmon name like all the cars from then on.

I have seen many Marmon emblems, the same design was used on radiator, hubcaps, bumper medallions, etc. and all use a stamped 3-dimensional design which is slightly curved and raised at the center, see photos. Your emblem appears to be flat and the design is similar but not the same. It is possible this was used on an aftermarket wire wheel hub, I have seen slightly different flat versions of other marque emblems used this way, but I have never seen one like yours for Marmon before.

mar1913.JPG

mar1991.JPG

mar2025.JPG

mar2529.JPG

marmon658.JPG

marmon1969.JPG

• Like 2