Help identifying windshields (I think)

So we bought an older 1920s house some years back which has a basement and crawlspace. We found these three items under the house, and I believe they are older windshields to some type of older classic (antique?) Car. Does anyone have any ideas how I'd go about identifying what they go to? I haven't found any identifying numbers or words on them. They appear to be metal (maybe iron) surrounding the glass. Two of them have screws on the sides. Each one measures about 11inches by 39.5 inches. That seems to be too small for windshield, but the I can't figure out what the heck else they are. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance!!

IMG_20210730_195037971.jpg

IMG_20210730_195048396.jpg

1920s touring car or roadster windshield.They are from a smaller car like a  smaller car like a Chevy.

The center and left one would make up the wind shield and would have a rubber strip on the top and bottom of the curved one.

I don;t think they are Ford or Dodge.

• Like 2

Thanks for both replies. I'm glad I'm not totally wrong in my assumptions. 😁 Now I'll just have to try to figure out what model. I'll start with the Chevys as suggested. Unless someone can narrow down the model. Not sure if there's a way to tell that.

There were literally hundreds of makes of cars in the nearly fifteen years those could be part of (roughly 1914 to 1930). And many of those hundreds of makes had many dozens of models across those years! So short of someone with a specific make and model of car seeing one and telling what you have? Identification of them is a huge undertaking. 

They do have some value to restorers however. Quite often the steel frames have been exposed to weather for too many years and rusted through from the inside. Restorers often need a similar frame to alter to fit, or take sections of to repair what he has and needs. I custom altered a frame once to fit a car I was restoring that was missing the entire windshield.

Such frames are usually not worth a lot of money. But unfortunately way too many of them have been scrapped because people didn't want to bother with them. So finding good ones has become difficult in the past decade or so.

It would be nice if they could find their way to a hobbyist or dealer that would make them reasonably available to someone that would have a good use for one (or more).

The one on the viewer's right in the top photo is most likely from a 1915 to 1922 model T Ford, the top 'half' of the windshield. I would need to see the bolt holes on the outer edge near the clips that hold the glass into place to be certain, or more precise. I have a 1915, and a couple extra windshield upper halves. In 1917, the precise location of the hinge mounting holes were moved about two inches.

The one on the viewer's left in the same photo may also be a later model T Ford upper 'half'. I don't have a 'later' model T so cannot be certain about that one. There were numerous other cars that used something very similar.

The middle one I do not think is a Ford.

• Like 2