Warning about B&R Auto Wrecking

lostviking

Several weeks ago I ordered a 95 Jeep Cherokee rear end for my truck from B&R. Seemed like a good price and the shipping was OK. About a week later the delivery truck arrived on schedule. Unfortunately the driver had someone's automatic transmission rather than my rear axle. The documents even said 96 Jeep rear axle.

He closed the door and drove off.

I contacted B&R via phone and let them know what had happened. The lady on the other end seemed shocked and told me she would figure out what happened. I got a call back from them to confirm I had not had the incorrect part delivered. Of course not.

Over the next week I contacted them several times asking where my axle was. I was told to wait for them to call me.

Another week passed and I still have heard NOTHING from them.

I sent them an email requesting a full refund of the purchase and shipping charges, $430.12. It's still early, but I have not heard from them yet.

At this time I have zero confidence in this company. Zero communication, no part. They got paid, but they did not deliver.

Used extreme caution if you chose to do business with B&R Auto Wrecking. They use the website www.autowreckingdotcom.

BEWARE!

On 7/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, JFranklin said:

Does the delivery driver confirm your plight?

Yes. He had a delivery invoice for a 1995 Jeep Cherokee rear axle assembly. On the pallet was an automatic transmission.

I also contacted PayPal, since that's how I pay for most things these days. That immediately sends a copy to the vendor.

Within hours I got a call from Mike at B&R. They had found the axle he said and it was on the way to my house. Funny they didn't call me when this occurred. I'll let you know how this works out. It took them a week to figure out that the customer who was expecting an automatic transmission, that shipped the very day my axle did...and was missing his transmission, got my axle. Call me crazy, but that's the very first thing I would have checked, and it wouldn't have taken me a week to do so.

BTW. I found a 97 axle that including shipping was going to be $90 cheaper. 97's have 29 spline axles rather that the original 27 spline. That was what I was going to get if the B&R one never happened.

Pays to look a bit longer I guess. Hopefully this all works out and I'm just out the week of time. Not like I have been waiting to drive the truck as I have other upgrades to do before that, like front disks and a master cylinder.

Edited by lostviking (see edit history)
  • Like 2