1937 Chrysler Royal For Sale on Facebook Marketplace

Facebook Marketplace listing in Minneapolis MN. Must access Facebook to contact seller. I have no interest or involvement in this sale.

1937 Chrysler Royal sedan Suicide back doors 251 straight 6 Manual 3 Spd with overdrive It runs and drives, it was used in local (mpls) car shows at a paint car for kids washable paint that washes off. Its painted currently with silver rustolium(bought it that way). I am not asking anywhere near what classic dealers are wanting because this is unrestored im in the ball park of $3,000.00 obo currently at dealerships the starting price is 12,000.00 and goes up from there. If you or someone you know is interested shoot me a message.

EC307A54-64AC-4923-B851-46B1CFDD83F9.jpeg

6577EA14-0ABB-49A4-9AB2-65A88E3C1952.jpeg

8040CFBC-7CC2-430E-A2C0-72F9B17EE80C.jpeg

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Complete. Running, driving and although pics are no substitute for in person, looks solid, clearly no collision damage and floor even looks ok.

I have seen much worse end up on the local showfield.  

Reminds me of the 39 chevy 4 door "partscar" a buddy bought years ago, for his 2 door.  Well, by the end of summer freshman to sophmore year, it was on the road and used for daily driving, local shows and parades.  Full disclosure, dad taught him to paint so by 15 he was doing respectable paint and bodywork.  The partscar got a coat of black lacqer and portawalls, it looked great actually.

An enterprising kid with interest could do the same here IMHO, and $2,750 likely gets it, maybe less if buyer hits him right. Def not worth a full boat restoration but someone could have a lot of fun.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I do like that despite the many obvious needs, someone jumped to step 99 and added what appears to be a set of either very good or repro fog lights.  All the rage in the 70s, 80s on cars of this vintage. 😁👍

Long ago (thinking 1973)I bought a 1937 Chrysler Airstream that was all painted up for a local high school homecoming. Usable interior, ran good but every inch including windows was all painted. I got it for $99, cleaned the windows with a razor, and drove it home. One week later I had all the paint off and traded it off for a 454 from a wrecked Monte Carlo. 

All of the windows look like they're broken and the glass is delaminating. I used to have a glass guy from down the street come and R&R all my flat glass that needed repaired. It cost me $100 a window (the windshield would be more) and that was 15-20 years ago. Then there are extras needed like windshield & backlite gaskets..........

I don't know...Looks like a pretty solid and complete car to me and a good candidate for restoration, if you like Chryslers, especially for the price! I'm restoring a '36 Dodge that was much worse than this car! In the hobby today, you can't see every car as a money maker!

• Like 3