Anyone have some extras of these screws lying around?

DV8

1/4" x 3/4" sheet metal screws with a 3/8" flanged hex head.  Came off the rear bumper.  Some of them hold the license plate frame in place, some hold parts of the bumper in place.  I'm missing one and I thought I'd just post here before I go on the search for an exact replacement.  Happy to PayPal, Venmo or Cash App anyone who could take a few minutes and throw one on the mail to me.

IMG_4327.JPG

Edited by DV8 (see edit history)

I don't know how fanatical you are for correctness, but my local Ace Hardware has a HUGE assortment of all kinds of oddball screws, nut, bolts, plugs, bushings, etc. You can probably find something suitable if you have a good hardware store near you, unless it HAS to be the correct screw.

Good luck.

Jeff

ROA 13051

If I need say, three screws such as those, I'll typically find two of them after digging through the bucket of miscellaneous nuts, bolts & washers that I've accumulated over the last 40+ years.  Then I'll begrudgingly go to the hardware store...  :unsure:

I'm not fanatical. I just need something that will fit in the tight spot that it's in, a matching head type and something that won't foul the threads that are already there. So far I can't find anything universal at Home Depot or AutoZone parts shop. I'm sure I will eventually but time is at a premium these days.

While you're in there, check out his interior screw kit for 1st generation Rivieras.  A few years back I bought a couple of 1963 parts cars.  One was original and complete; complete with rust.  But my younger step son and I took an afternoon and removed every interior screw in the car. As we did we labeled each and put it in it's own little zip-lock back.  I sent what I had to Glenn (Mr. G) and he put together a kit with the correct number of each with new screws.

1 hour ago, DV8 said:

I'm not fanatical. I just need something that will fit in the tight spot that it's in, a matching head type and something that won't foul the threads that are already there. So far I can't find anything universal at Home Depot or AutoZone parts shop. I'm sure I will eventually but time is at a premium these days.

As time goes on time will become even more valuable. Try getting a thread gauge that has ability to measure your fastener. If you are finished working on your car then you are home free. You’d think metric thread gauge is not necessary for a63 zRiviera. Sometimes after market parts for the zRiviera are metric and a metric thread gauge comes in handy. 
I got a bunch of metal bins and labeled the bins and put the right fastener items in the bins. McMaster Carr is truly expensive on the surface, BUT McMaster Carr may be economical after all. I know when you want American size rubber hose you get it from McMaster Carr not metric equivalent.  Maybe I should be hawking hardware for McMaster Carr. I will say McMaster Carr is real good, but expensive.

Turbinator

I've got a couple of close matches.

Both have 3/8" flange heads with the recessed center.

The black oxide screws measure 0.240" thread O.D., with 3/4" of thread length.

I have only a couple of these.

The zinc version measures 0.230" thread O.D., and has 5/8" thread length.

I've got dozens of these.

Will either of those work?

XP9Mvwh-58ZZ6sZKR8Kx0guoNOyLdfG-PNEaPjpRjGMVH54xa-Vm8es9XZHHmSfnz2XrqLAagwk_3se8kVJpasMfYpJiVFhzBoZHHuJdJXBjRHcLMwV2MGT93klpz1zbHzuPxIYLpK3mX6BjRar-10OBexCTWwyuBIF4T_pvYxAp-2ZxpI2mY2q35jCEkss-lbqBKUjyPoFD7PDvqZlzxmMvNTIjkVmxH2NRIcoaT_zi49qZqURMOllOYDOj8n-L7UUMZGnV4Ixc3boOmwIMElyF_LFUMdOj1dHbPoW7yOcPzq7RbJyzDvLZ_5C94tyJ0aJSBFVol9c_8csDaHmrIX-rfe7-bk_7qiD0qWvkmhOfUzPP3vUxUSef5-q4opR1E2O7JjeAiy20sx-hWV6NuwST5zPmQfiYwDjAEhkWMCcYG3WGtSBQgOOhWL_eoOLNlloJ6vBs4uX7zUN8GPI7Tyw-D9452MFjzlYVAzfaP7lktZ1DRc6vaXDR2SxddLDY6-IM8b5sFqhS87RKhXSrMlO4JtaXrln9ui76kqPq4j-ODuJ1v63GfZfqZO3yeeUk_CaaULHuBVizo60vLUOxth8JgfEeavX35hJ-FuXxzoY3kNJm1R-tviMYyGic-UOy3CbwmmSsRjJA5nQujqONIAUxe08r7VPMRhcmDGzTgxEpEVUgvSeW0ro4bbcf3FJl8T3or4arU-ELoYzRNTmHBRkK=w568-h757-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

I had already searched McMaster which is usually the first place I go to for this type of thing because the their search engine is far superior to any other database I'm aware of. I found a few things that probably would have worked but I'd prefer just finding some one here who had exactly what I needed and willing to throw a small quantity in the mail as a opposed to buying a bag of 100+ shipping when I only need one.  I had kinda forgotten about Mr. G's because it had been a long time since I visited that sight but my memory was that the search engine was a little hit or miss.  As it turns out a fellow ROA user reached out to me and it looks like I have what I need on the way to me so It looks like I'm set for now. Thanks for everyone's help.

This is what I have, the two with the fixed flanges on the head one is a little shorter than three-quarter inch and one is a little longer. The ones with the attached washers one of them is three-quarter inch, And the other two or longer. All of these have a 10 mm head. You’re welcome to them all if you think they will work for you?

8C1FCC9F-FD6A-42DD-A8EC-BADF72CA8501.jpeg

Edited by crowvet
made mistake (see edit history)

On 7/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, DV8 said:

1/4" x 3/4" sheet metal screws with a 3/8" flanged hex head.  Came off the rear bumper.  Some of them hold the license plate frame in place, some hold parts of the bumper in place.  I'm missing one and I thought I'd just post here before I go on the search for an exact replacement.  Happy to PayPal, Venmo or Cash App anyone who could take a few minutes and throw one on the mail to me.

IMG_4327.JPG

This looks like the one you’re looking for. Message me your address. 
Loren
A961F318-85FE-4C9B-B17C-3CB099190475.jpeg.ddc168dce1f217c8f426a78ec300ad9d.jpeg

Edited by Loren@65GS.com (see edit history)

20 hours ago, crowvet said:

This is what I have, the two with the fixed flanges on the head one is a little shorter than three-quarter inch and one is a little longer. The ones with the attached washers one of them is three-quarter inch, And the other two or longer. All of these have a 10 mm head. You’re welcome to them all if you think they will work for you?

8C1FCC9F-FD6A-42DD-A8EC-BADF72CA8501.jpeg

If these have a 10 mm head on them, they probably also have a metric thread on them.  Our older Riviera’s had no metrics on them.