Needed -- Locomobile Model 48 Radiator Cap

jrbartlett

Hello James,

Do you have a good image of the correct radiator cap for your "new" 1925 Locomobile 48?  I also will be needing a radiator cap for my "new" unrestored 1925 Locomobile 48.  I do have a good aluminum pattern for a Locomobile script radiator cap that has provision for a motometer.

Our caps should be bakelite over a brass threaded cap.  My pattern is for the bakelite portion of the cap.  Maybe we can work together on this project.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Spelling (see edit history)

The cap from my '19 fits the '25 perfectly. The '25 came with a nice attempt at a casting, but the threaded portion is too small. The cap is OK to put on the car if it is stationary, but I think it would fall out if driven much on the road. The original cap was apparently on the '25 when it was purchased in 1989, but disappeared when the car was shipped by a transport company. I'll get back to you over the weekend.

• Like 1

Hello James,

Here is a picture of the nice Locomobile radiator cap pattern I have.  This would be used to cast the "Bakelite" portion of the cap then glue in the brass threaded portion that screws onto the radiator.  Could you attach a picture of what you have?  Is it possible to remove the brass portion from the radiator cap you described and remake the brass portion to fit your radiator properly?

Regards,

Al

IMG_20210727_074709723.jpg