Air pump for '96 Roadmaster?

Looking for an air pump for '96 Roadmaster with LT1 5.7 Liter V-8. No supplier appears to have them available, and wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations on how to get one? My mechanic has not yet diagnosed if the problem is the air pump or the relay, but figured I better start looking for an air pump in case we need one.

Thank you!

Alan Oldfield

BCA #15140

There are also a few "come to you (or a shop)" mobile services that do computer re-flashes and such.  Elite Electronics is one, I believe?  Might need to inform them of the TSB and such, before they come.

I don't recall seeing that particular TSB.  If you remove the air pump, unless you plug the rh and lh manifolds for the air pump exhaust manfold items, you'll need to remove the rh and lh AIR manifolds from the respective exhaust manifolds, remove the injector sleeves in the exhaust manifolds, and screw plugs into the resulting 8 holes?  Or at least that's the way "people" used to do it.  Otherwise, "exhaust leaks".

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

IIRC, there is just one AIR Injection connection on the top of each manifold. At least I just fought just the one on the RH manifold when I had to take the RH head off to remove the broken stud (last one, next to firewall, typical).

BTW, the air pump is electric, no belt.👍

Funny thing is that while several GM cars had electric air pumps, the ONLY one to generate a GM TSB about the headlights dimming for a split second every time the pump came on was the Olds Intrigue.  I did happen to experience that one night in an Intrigue I'd rented.  One of those "Did I see that happen" kind of things . . . blink and its gone . . . things.  Never did figure out how they wired the Intrigues differently, or if just the Olds drivers noticed those things.

NTX5467

21 hours ago, NTX5467 said:

I don't recall seeing that particular TSB.  If you remove the air pump, unless you plug the rh and lh manifolds for the air pump exhaust manfold items, you'll need to remove the rh and lh AIR manifolds from the respective exhaust manifolds, remove the injector sleeves in the exhaust manifolds, and screw plugs into the resulting 8 holes?  Or at least that's the way "people" used to do it.  Otherwise, "exhaust leaks".

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

I don’t have access to TSB 01-06-04-011, but I think the keyword is “disable” not “remove.”

To disable it, you just need do disconnect the intake air, unplug the electrical connector, and install a shorter belt. 

22 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

BTW, the air pump is electric, no belt.👍

1 hour ago, SpecialEducation said:

To disable it, you just need do disconnect the intake air, unplug the electrical connector, and install a shorter belt. 

You missed my comment, there is NO BELT driving it! All electric. Does not matter which body it is in, diagram is the same:

LT1 belt.jpg

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)

I put "GM TSB 01-06-04-011" into Google and it brought up a Cadillac Forums posting listing which had the 5 page GM TSB reproduced there.  Other listings for some other specific car forums too.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

• Thanks 1