1970 Oldsmobile 442 w30 Convertible Brown Four Speed

Theoretically this is an insane car assuming you believe it is real.   You can read the auction description and tell me what you think.    Personally, I would want a build sheet when buying a LS6 or W30 or any GM car where the VIN doesn't tell the story.    If it was Pontiac you would get the Emminger invoice on the RAIV.   I've been looking for a RAIV stick convertible for 25 years.  This car is almost the same thing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Oldsmobile-442-w30-w30-/224541385276

RARE 1970 OLDMOBILE 442 W30 CONVERTIBLE 4 SPEED 1 OF 96 MADE. GOLD ON GOLD ON GOLD! I PURCHASED THE CAR FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNERS DAUGHTER AFTER HE PASSED. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL TITLE ALSO BROADCAST CARD AND A ROCKET REPORT TO GO WITH THE VEHICLE. ALL NUMBERS MATCH! WAS REPAINTED IN 73 AFTER IT WAS KEYED AT A BAR. THIS IS THE STORY THE DAUGHTER TOLD ME. STEPHEN MINJORE, OLDSMOBILE LEGEND LOOKED AT THE CAR HE BELIEVES IT TO BE ONE OF THE 96. SEE PICTURES OF ROCKET REPORT. I HAVE THE W30 SPECIFIC DISTRIBUTOR. ALSO THE CAR HAS THE CORRECT JULIAN DATE CODED W30 SPECIFIC TM REAR AXLE HOUSING. ALL BODY PANELS FACTORY AND RUST FREE. CAR HAS LOW 55,568 BELIEVED TO BE ORIGINAL MILES DUE TO FACTORY ORIGINAL TOP STILL ON THE CAR IN GREAT CONDITION. ALL AROUND WEAR ON INTERIOR LEADS US TO BELEIVE THIS CAR IS A LOW MILE SURVIVOR. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. DO NOT MISS THE CHANCE TO OWN THIS GREAT EXAMPLE OF AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR HISTORY.

442-W30-Convertible.JPG

• Like 3

I have a 1972 442 convertible that was sold new here in Ontario Canada. So I was able to get the GM Vintage Vehicle documents verifying authentic provenance. Not a W30, but a W29 optioned car. I agree with you, no paperwork? Consider it a clone until proven otherwise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

Reading the description again, he says he has the "broadcast card".   What is that?

That's the assembly line info card telling what the car is to receive as it goes down the line. That's a seriously important piece of documentation!

11 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

That's the assembly line info card telling what the car is to receive as it goes down the line. That's a seriously important piece of documentation!

So not the same as one of the build sheets taped to the car which hopefully ended up under the rug or in the dash but the same info?    That would verify the W30 status, correct?

If so,  I feel it would be important to put a scan of that piece of paper in the auction, no?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Looking car. Dont know anything about these but for that kind of money I would have to take an 'expert' along for the ride and look in person before I parted with any money. Personally I would save 10k and buy the GTO you posted.