Opinion on brushed vs polished aluminum

Hay guys ,when I made my high compression aluminum cylinder head for my std six three years ago I left it in a brushed aluminum finish. It has proven to be tough to keep looking good ,as even wiping it with a rag in the wrong direction causes marks. Now I’m not really that picky ( I’ve never seen a dirt road I won’t drive) but ,I’m going to do some engine detailing this winter and thinking of polishing the head. 

do you guys think that will be easier to keep clean or worse hmmmmm

I agree definitely easier to keep the polished alloy clean although alloy no matter what you do deteriorates over time. At least it would be easier to freshen up each year if it’s polished. 
Is painting it the same as the block an option. 

11 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

I agree definitely easier to keep the polished alloy clean although alloy no matter what you do deteriorates over time. At least it would be easier to freshen up each year if it’s polished. 
Is painting it the same as the block an option. 

Ahhhhhh I don’t really think I want to paint it. But check back in a few years after I try polishing it. 😀 haha my opinion might change. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minibago said:

I have to say despite the required elbow grease, polished alloy really sets an engine off.

45388644-CAF3-4249-9ED0-B771E206B304.jpeg.bc03d57444216ed6cff66cef0a159f80.jpeg

I agree, I’m leaning in that direction since most think it’s better than brushed. 

• Like 1