Fuel Pump Question

kbeach

Are you asking about a vacuum tank, or a fuel pump that provides a vacuum source to the accessories? The last year for the Stewart Warner vacuum tank was 1931.

Stewart Warner vacuum system. I should have said that to begin with. 

Was 1931 the same time frame for the 12 and 16 cylinder cars?

Yes, Cadillac went to fuel pumps in 32 across the board. It’s been 40 years since I played with a 32 V-8 but I’m 97 percent certain. The vacuum tank/tanks work fine. They can be a challenge with E10 if everything isn’t perfect. With the Cad/Johnson crap carbs you don’t want to run electric pumps for any reason......many do, and many burn. Like that 30 V-16 Phaeton a few years back. 

Thanks Ed.

Have always stayed with the vacuum system when original to the car. Never had any problems once sorted out. Dirt seems to be the biggest problem.

A friend passed away and we were looking to get his 1931 V8 Cadillac started. It currently has two electric fuel pumps at the tank (obviously not orignal) and I am not seeing where a steward warner vacuum tank would have been mounted on the firewall or where a mechanical pump could go, hence the reason for my question. 

Ken

No worries......Wayne on here probably has a tank available if you need one. He probably has the fuel lines to the carb and everything else.