For Sale: 1952 Chrysler Imperial sedan - $13,500 - Abington, MA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1952 Chrysler Imperial sedan - $13,500 - Abington, MA

1952 Chrysler Imperial - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Extremely good condition, 79,000 miles, 331 Hemi engine, power windows and many other amenities. Powerful, comfortable and reliable. Some interesting trades considered. Please call for more information as I don’t text.

odometer: 79000

Copy and paste in your email:  b2b239097cdd307f96b48d9777416dcb@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Chrysler Imperial sedan.

'52 Chrysler Imperial MA a.jpg

'52 Chrysler Imperial MA b.jpg

'52 Chrysler Imperial MA c.jpg

'52 Chrysler Imperial MA d.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/25/2021 at 8:48 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

Yes John, I thought so too, a rarely found Mopar in nice condition for a realistic price.  Most of these early '50's Chrysler Imperials are the victims of hemi pirates.

In the early '90s, there was a '51 Chrysler Imperial Station Wagon advertised in a publication, possibly Hemmings Motor News.  At that time, I didn't know much about these cars.  I showed the ad to my uncle, who ended up buying the car.  Shortly afterwards, we realized that someone had mounted a Chrysler Windsor Station body on the Imperial frame, and advertised it as an Imperial Station Wagon.  I don't know the circumstances that led to the station wagon body being attached to the Imperial chassis and drive train.  The car had been assembled for some time when we bought it circa 1991.  For whatever reason, the entire chassis & drive train of this particular Imperial was chosen as a platform for the station wagon body.  

It stung, but it was a valuable and instructive lesson.  I learned to consult automotive reference books BEFORE buying cars.

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)

Hey a local sale! I live in Abington, and i think i have seen this around, though Mopar stuff of this the era isnt my strong suit, and i probably thought it was a Coronet as there are a few of them in the area. Looks like a tidy car for the price!

3 hours ago, suchan said:

Original upholstery looks to be fine cloth and leather (see below), not naugahyde and whatever that woven stuff is....

I don't know, Suchan.  That could be leather and

a correct fabric.  Luxury cars often had more than

one fabric style from which to choose.  In fact, the

catalogue image you posted states, "A wide variety

or rich leathers, exquisite fabrics [plural], and superb

styling permits the selection of an interior tailored to

your taste..."

Thanks for providing that image.  I guess we would

need the Color and Upholstery album to know for sure.

• Like 3

Not familiar with this year but I see the clutch pedal which would tell me this is the semi auto M6 (7?) with fluid drive yet I see trans gear select indicator on the column. This common?  My 50 Chrysler functions more on the lines of a 3 on the tree with the same semi auto trans w/ fluid coupler.  I find this quite interesting. The color combination of the latter for sale is the exact same as my 50 Chrysler Windsor Newport.  Heck, the entire dash is the same except they moved the ignition switch from the left side of the steering wheel to the right.

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)

I believe that this car still has the M6 "semi-automatic" (hence the "safety clutch"), but they changed the gear selector to look more like a fully automatic transmission.  Maybe someone else can chime in here to resolve this question.  I don't believe Chrysler had a fully-automatic transmission until the introduction of "PowerFlite" in 1954.