Arundel Car Museum - Kennebunkport, Maine

Den41Buick

When visiting Kennebunkport, Maine this week, I discovered the Arundel Car Museum. It has a nice collection of cars on display with varying themes and various stages of restoration and originality. There were about 60 cars on display. The collection according to the docent is currently 174. The young docent I met was very informative of the cars in the collection. A definite car guy with a great deal of energy and love for the cars. It was a real pleasure to talk with him and the other staff there. A definite stop if you are in the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Maine area. Not a stuffy car museum in any way. Oh yea. I forgot to take a picture of the Tucker in the collection. There are also interesting artifacts including license plates and Tucker parts.

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

• Like 2

Glad this museum survived the pandemic, I expected the (antique auto museum) casualty rate to be higher than it seems to have been so far.

I visited ACM in 2019 when there were probably some 'teething pains' which appear to have been outgrown, glad to see it continue in existence.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Arundel Car Museum - Kennebunkport, Maine
On 7/23/2021 at 7:58 PM, Den41Buick said:

When visiting Kennebunkport, Maine this week, I discovered the Arundel Car Museum. It has a nice collection of cars on display with varying themes and various stages of restoration and originality. There were about 60 cars on display. The collection according to the docent is currently 174. The young docent I met was very informative of the cars in the collection. A definite car guy with a great deal of energy and love for the cars. It was a real pleasure to talk with him and the other staff there. A definite stop if you are in the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Maine area. Not a stuffy car museum in any way. Oh yea. I forgot to take a picture of the Tucker in the collection. There are also interesting artifacts including license plates and Tucker parts.

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

Stopped at this museum three days ago on our way to Swan Lake, Maine. The last car, a 1952 XK 120 is absolutely gorgeous. My favorites are the 1940 Cadillac convertible that was originally owned by the daughter of FDR, 1931 Dusenburg Model J, 1936 Hudson Super 6 Convertible (yellow) and a 1937 Delahaye, The Delahaye is a must see car, original coachwork done in Switzerland with lavendar leather interior and paint that defies description. Beautiful car

Edited by kingrudy
typo (see edit history)