future pricing of cars

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

These were at a show I was at last weekend. 1 not commonly seen around my parts, let alone 2!  The red one had a set of factory luggage.

Nice.  When we bought my '61, someone had previously painted it red.  But it was originally white, so we had it repainted back to the original color.  Dads '60, and the '59 parts car were also white.  The '59 also had the optional removable hard top - which was one of the reasons we bought it.  Unfortunately it was sitting outside by the workshop where I was working on it, and got ruined by some neighborhood vandals.  Lesson learned.  :(

On the topic of future collector cars keep this advertising campaign in mind. No, it's not.

I have a "not your father's Buick Park Avenue". But, then, maybe 35 years later maybe it is.

23 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

On the topic of future collector cars keep this advertising campaign in mind. No, it's not.

I have a "not your father's Buick Park Avenue". But, then, maybe 35 years later maybe it is.

A late uncle of mine bought the last Oldsmobile sold in the Omaha Nebraska area.  Just a few days after Olds ceased to become a brand.  It is a loaded 2004 Alero - though not one of the "final 500" edition cars.  I bought it from his estate, and my daughter drives it now.  Not sure if that makes it worth any more or less than any other used Alero.  But it makes for fun conversation.