Be Aware Of New Antifreeze Container

oldford

Just a note to inform others about the new (at least to me) SuperTech antifreeze containers at Walmart. Now I don't believe Walmart makes its own antifreeze, or even its own containers, but take a look at what I discovered. These are 4 quart containers with markings on the side to delineate quart measures. I highlighted the markings with red to make it easier to see. Notice that the top most mark is 3QT (3 quarts) and the mark just below that is 3L (3 liters). Pay attention to the 1 liter mark. If you think back to your school days, everyone knows that a liter is bigger than a quart, at least it used to be... I'm not picking on the Walmart brand, just informing you if you unwittingly use the marks on the side of the container to help you make a 50/50 mixture. I placed the black marks at 1/4 intervals to show where the quart marks should have been.

Frank

IMG_3870.JPG

Edited by oldford (see edit history)

You don't buy the premixed?!😦 

Just can't understand why people don't take advantage of the convenience. After all, airboddy knows water's cheap.

Half water don't drop the price any!😼

🤣

I generally buy undiluted parts store house brand coolant and mix 50/50 with distilled water. Batteries and the steam iron get distilled water too. They do work better using it.

Reminds me I need to check the Ford truck's coolant level and hope I have some coolant mixed up!😃

• Like 2

Business in this world has become a constant 'shell game'! Constantly moving things around and making changes, lies and mistakes, hoping nobody notices. How many people noticed when the common household size bagged sugar went from a five pound bag to a four pound bag? That was a twenty percent drop in quantity with NO reduction in price! Which translates into a twenty percent raise in price in the real world.

When one sends most of the manufacturing and even planning and design to foreign countries where the people doing the work don't understand our culture, language, or measurements? And when that same one eliminated all quality control decades ago? This is what we get.

I really like that one quart is more than one liter, however, two quarts is LESS than two liters! Uhm, how does that work again?

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

You don't buy the premixed?!😦

I don't know about where you live, but here, premixed is 50% higher in cost that the straight. I can get 2 gallons of straight for about $20 and one gallon of 50/50 for $18.  I can add my own water... By the way, the container actually holds 4 quarts...

Frank

Edited by oldford (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, oldford said:

I don't know about where you live, but here, premixed is 50% higher in cost that the straight. I can get 2 gallons of straight for about $20 and one gallon of 50/50 for $18.  I can add my own water... By the way, the container actually holds 4 quarts...

Frank

Apparently Glenn's [SARCASM][/SARCASM] HTML codes aren't working... 😁

• Haha 1