1924 cadillac for sale Not Mine 17,000

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/rockwall-antique-car/7353673663.html

Unique car, ORIGINAL, maintained, NOT RESTORED, many features such as the first balanced motor (V-63) out of Detroit, dual exhaust, start motor/general combination (Dodge Brothers) with a shaft to the cooling fan, No fan belts. Radiator excellent, no dents. Top has been replaced as well as the running board linoleum. (the pictures show carpet placed on the linoleum to protect it. The wheels are also in good condition. The interior is original. Have most of the original tools with an original tool pouch. Have owners repair manual. Same key locks the transmission, doors, tool compartment, spare tire and works the ignition. The window shades are original.
Brass work on (hub caps, crank cap, back up light, tail light and stop light is in good condition).
The car was orginally a leather back where the landau irons are positioned. Body by Fisher, no rust.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

That car has been for sale for at least 2 years. I might have posted it here a year or so ago.  I spoke to the owner wanting to purchase when I was in the CLC. I have a strong affection for no particular reason for 1920s Cadillacs post Leland. 

Would love to own this and I have kept my eye on a 1939 Series 75 Fleetwood in the low 20’s.  Wrong time for me so I doubt I ever jump back in to the hobby but if I had garage space a person could likely get two pre war Cadillacs for less than $42,000.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

$17,000 seems like a good price for this car.

And the all-important contact information from the ad is:

"Contact Betty or Charles, (Two hundred fourteen) 608-613-Eight

That was my first thought too John. It looks like it could be a lot of fun around that price point.  

• Like 1

A while back, there was a grandson(?) who was offering a Cad of the same era that had been dismantled by grandpa years ago. (now just a collection of parts) Mom had to approve the sale, but the exact details were never totally clear. Except that it had to be removed from the property soon. 

As I remember that family wanted about this same amount and this nice one has been available for a year? 

If you are not involved with the hobby, I guess all old cars look alike and they all hold the same value. 

Wonder what ever happened to the dismantled car. . . . . 

6 minutes ago, m-mman said:

A while back, there was a grandson(?) who was offering a Cad of the same era that had been dismantled by grandpa years ago. (now just a collection of parts) Mom had to approve the sale, but the exact details were never totally clear. Except that it had to be removed from the property soon. 

As I remember that family wanted about this same amount and this nice one has been available for a year? 

If you are not involved with the hobby, I guess all old cars look alike and they all hold the same value. 

Wonder what ever happened to the dismantled car. . . . . 

I was told it traded hands, with missing parts, to a new owner in Oklahoma. They said the car was being assembled without being restored as a driver..........

For the money, the above car looks like a decent opportunity for the right guy.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

My first thought was that there is a guy out there with a 39-41 Cadillac, an early and late Fifties Cadillac who has always wanted an early car just for the experience. This looks like a possibility for someone that has the newer stuff to scratch that itch without writing a big check on the front end.