Any members near Fernley NV. It's about 30 miles outside of Reno.

auburnseeker

I found 3 bankers boxes filled (well not really full) with old car literature I would like to buy,  but the seller won't ship them.  I would be happy to pay any members near there that would pick them up box them into something a little smaller and lighter even if it means twice as many boxes to mail them on to me.  

I have a postal account and can email or snail mail you pre paid labels.

As mentioned, I will gladly compensate someone for their time and any expenses if you need to buy boxes.  Could even use the post flat rates if that's easier for you. 

Thanks for any help in advance.

Just so members know I'm serious.  I would gladly pay $200 for any members effort to do this for me.  Plus cover any packing material.  Should take about an hour to re box them up.  If you live a half hour away,  you could make a $100 an hour.  They will be paid for so it will strictly be a pickup.  I believe the guy said he could even meet you right off the interstate at one of the two  truck stops.

I even offered to pay him the 200 to ship them above what he was asking but he didn't want to do it.  Said I wouldn't have enough margin in it if I did that.  Now that really doesn't make sense as I obviously am willing to pay X number for them regardless of what he thinks they may be worth.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:03 AM, auburnseeker said:

I found 3 bankers boxes filled (well not really full) with old car literature I would like to buy,  but the seller won't ship them.  I would be happy to pay any members near there that would pick them up box them into something a little smaller and lighter even if it means twice as many boxes to mail them on to me.  

I have a postal account and can email or snail mail you pre paid labels.

As mentioned, I will gladly compensate someone for their time and any expenses if you need to buy boxes.  Could even use the post flat rates if that's easier for you. 

Thanks for any help in advance.

It is a great chance to help a fellow old car lover, the task is easy, and you'll get to know Randy a little bit and he's a great guy.  Ask me how I know?!?!

John 

1 minute ago, John Bloom said:

It is a great chance to help a fellow old car lover, the task is easy, and you'll get to know Randy a little bit and he's a great guy.  Ask me how I know?!?!

John 

Thanks for the kind words and the help with that Hudson lot.  I'm very grateful for that. 

• Like 1

I can check with him about a shipping store but I think he said his town consists of 2 trucks stops and an exit ramp for the interstate from what he mentioned.  For some reason he's a here it is,  that's the extent of work I'm doing guy, unfortunately. I've always told the sellers it's alot easier if they handle it themselves than to involve a 3rd party and they'll even make a few bucks doing it.  Seems about a 50/50 chance of wether the seller will help out. 

I'm thinking a local scout master might take some young boys or girls and pick this up and box and ship it as a fundraiser.....It is easier than sitting outside of Ace hardware and selling 100 boxes of cookies in the rain.....

• Like 2

Randy, you might check with a UPS store in Reno. They may go and pick up the boxes and pack & ship them. The $200 would certainly be a very good fee for the owner to drive the 60 mile or so round trip. The rest would be normal stuff for them. 
Hope you find a way to get it done. 
dave s 

• Like 1

From the sounds of it there is no fed Ex in his town and sounds like it's a pickup at the door deal. 

I hate to deal with a non forum member for a 3rd party, unless someone can vouch for them.  Been scammed a couple of times in my business by pros and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. 

• Like 1

I havent been as far as Reno, but from the description it sounds like a very small town if you will. I am not looking for an answer (dont want you to give out your sources) but, did this guy advertise stuff for sale then not take into consideration that it may have to be shipped out of town?  Or did he figure one of the 15 people in his area were going to buy the stuff?  I will reiterate, why sell something then not want to ship, especially if one is in a rural area?

I think he is figuring someone from Reno will drive out to pick them up for themselves.  It was on the Reno Craigslist so he wasn't advertising nationally.  I just search nationwide for literature and found the listing.  To a degree I understand where he is coming from in that he wasn't expecting someone from 2000 miles away to find the ad and want the stuff.  That being said though he has dropped the price several times and can't find a buyer.  They are really priced right now,  though they were a good deal a few months ago at twice the price.  If I was trying to sell something and no one wanted it so that I had to price it very low,  but someone came along offering me very fair money but I had to do a little more to make the sale,  I know what I would do.   That's me though. 

• Like 1

So many organizations with kids do fundraising projects. Church youth groups raising money for kids to go to camp, the eighth grade pom-pom squad, the band, scouting groups, I wonder if one of them could take this on as a fundraiser..... A bit odd and may be a longshot but just a thought.

As long as it’s with a forum member at least you would feel comfortable. He could even verify it was literature and not just old newspapers. If I remember correctly the last thing you need is another Walmart deal. 

• Like 1

He's posted several photos over the few times he posted these for sale and they all seem different but from the same batch with the same boxes in the back ground.  Being he's trying to only do a local sale,  seems the chance of a scam being less.  Especially since he won't take my extra money to ship them to me.  I think he is hyping the items in hopes of making them seem more desirable.  I mean at the price he's at,  it's not much of a risk.  There are only so many guys buying literature and alot of guys don't like selling it at shows because it gets ruined so easy and alot of people don't want to take the time to stop and dig through a box when there is so much else to see. 

I think i have someone lined up to take care of it now.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

• Like 2