AACA meet New Ulm 2021

Hi, I can only make it to the New Ulm event on Friday.  Is this the type of event  I could just show up Friday morning with my '57 Desoto, and get into the show? Not for judging, but display only, and walk around and see everyone else's cars? Thanks, 

Joel

PXL_20210617_011228633.jpg

Edited by Hemi Joel (see edit history)

Hi Joel,

Nice looking DeSoto. 

Unfortunately, the actual show (the Grand National) in New Ulm is on Saturday.  Friday, they will have the competition for the Zenith award which is the award for the best restoration of the year for 2020.  It will be cars chosen from shows held last year that were the best of each show.  I believe there will be 18 cars in that competition.  That will be held in the New Ulm Civic Center and will have judging starting at 10 am with awards given between 4 - 5 pm. 

So, by only going on Friday, you will not see the majority of the cars going to the Grand National because they do not get placed on the show field until beginning at 7 on Saturday.  

Tim

Joel, missed seeing you (and the car) at New Ulm.  The cars there on Friday in the nice air-conditioned Civic Center were fantastic.  The parking lot outside was almost a car show all on its own!  

You need to join AACA so you can keep track of the activities.  Plenty of shows, tours and even the local region there in MN is very active and I'm sure would be a great club to belong to.  Lots going on with AACA, and if ever want to attend an AACA show, remember-no admission!   You can come and enjoy the cars, or if you are a member, you can enter your car by registering in advance.  There are lots of options too - Drivers Participation, Historic Preservation, and then class judging for the most prestigious awards in the old car hobby.   There are also usually other activities scheduled as a part of these events, like tours through private car collections not usually open to the public, museums, historic sites, special dinners, etc. etc.  So-join and enjoy the fun.   Any chance you will be going to Hershey in October?

Terry

• Like 1

Terry, Thank you so much for the follow up. It would have been nice if I could have made it.   I am an AACA member, but have never been active so I don't really know the ropes. Is there somewhere that explains in detail how everything works? How the meets operate?  I'm thinking about possibly doing the fall meet in Pennsylvania with my "survivor" 67 GTX 426 Hemi convert. I was fortunate enough to have recently located the party who owned the car back in 1972 and he lives in that area. So if I brought it out there, he could be reunited with the car. That would be a fun excuse to go out there. 

left rear by fence.jpg

Joel,

This '67 GTX looks beautiful especially as a "survivor".  If you are looking to show it at Hershey, here is a link from the AACA website that explains details about how to register:  https://www.aaca.org/images/judge/important_judging_meet_information.pdf

Also, here is a link to the Hershey show brochure:  https://www.aaca.org/images/meet_brochures/2021/2021_HERSHEY_FALL_MEET_BROCHURE.pdf  Registration deadline for Hershey is August 15th.  

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1