1955 Buick kit by Maisto

Received this neat metal car kit (already painted thank you šŸ˜Š) for my birthday from my sonšŸ‘. Ā I fit all the requirements to put it together, 8+ years old (yep, many more times that) and skill level 2 (ok, that might be open for debate). Ā I bet the interior would benefit from a little paint, Iā€™ll have to think about that option.
Thanks MattB!

Ā 

34F214B5-29E4-4C40-97AC-633096368F3E.jpeg

• Like 4

My son found this kit and the hot rod kit Iā€™ve already assembledĀ at a store in his area of N California that wereĀ running a sale on them (he gets that ā€œby it on saleā€Ā wisdom from his motheršŸ˜€). Ā So he stashed them here back in May when he was home for a wedding. Ā I like them because they look good when done. Ā The white dash on this one seems like it would be better in black or red and the seats as red and black seem to fit the era. Ā 
Ā 

On a related note the bus got sprayed with paint stripper todayā€¦.the adventure continues.

41 minutes ago, Tom99 said:

Some detail work to the interior, and it should look good.

I would like to find one for myself.

Fairfieldcollectibles.com had them in stock. Ā Not sure if hobby shops in your area might have one.

Done! Ā It really is a skill level 2. Ā No real issues, just the need to firmly push the door panels and engine compartment pieces into place. Ā Itā€™s one of those ā€œhow much more before it breaksā€ feelings. Ā I did ā€œpaintā€ the top of the dash with a black fine tip Sharpie and the floor pedals too as they were white as received. Ā The Sharpie is a flat black when dry and seems to compliment the car nicely. Ā 
Ā 

2D62DB58-C3D8-4AA3-8E83-1581B8694BEC.jpeg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, John S. said:

Nice work Terry. Cool car.

Thank you John. Ā It is a good looking car when done. Ā A better painter could do wonders with that all white interior. Ā The car is designedĀ to be a slightly hot rod style build which includes a custom steering wheel and a dashboard mounted tachometer. Ā It was a fun way to pass the afternoon today.