Has anyone had issues with C.A.R.S. or OldBuickParts.com?

DV8

Has anyone had issues with C.A.R.S. or OldBuickParts.com recently. They've usually been the first place I've looked for replaceable parts when I need them and found the fitment pretty simple and accurate. In the last few months they've messed up two orders with numerous missing items, have been completely unapologetic about it and taken their sweet time and made little effort to correct their mistakes. 

Where do you guys go to first for parts?

I emailed them last night via their website bout a part and I'm waiting to hear from them.  Has anyone used their link to send emails previously?  I'm leary of how these links work sometimes.  I'll call Jeff tomorrow and see if they got it.  I'll let you know what they're response it.

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Has anyone used their link to send emails previously?

With any website that has a "Canned Contact Us" app, I right click and copy before hitting 'send'. Many times it appears to be a placebo app and my dialogue disappears with an error.

5 years back, I have had only 1 minor back-ordered part that never showed from C.A.R.S. Slipped thru-the-cracks? Otherwise, parts from them was satisfactory.

For parts sources, the back of ROA's Riview.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:41 PM, DV8 said:

Has anyone had issues with C.A.R.S. or OldBuickParts.com recently. They've usually been the first place I've looked for replaceable parts when I need them and found the fitment pretty simple and accurate. In the last few months they've messed up two orders with numerous missing items, have been completely unapologetic about it and taken their sweet time and made little effort to correct their mistakes. 

Where do you guys go to first for parts?

I have dealt with both. I have had no issues with either company. 

I have found using email to resolve issues with online purchases almost always ends up in frustration no matter who the vendor is. Forget the email. There is no substitute for picking up the phone and talking in person and always start the conversation politely. Trust me selling Buick parts is not a glamorous business. CARS was a pioneer in the business and began selling and reproducing parts when no one else was. I can tell you if CARS was not there when I got into Buicks I would have moved on from Buick because obtaining parts for project would have been more trouble than I wanted to deal with. I dealt with CARS for 35 years and issues were VERY rare but always resolved. Anyone that has had a Buick for any length of time and did any amount of restoration or refurbishment to it knows there WILL BE be challenges getting the right parts whether its used or new. 

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 6

OK Riviera People: Glen ran CARS nicely for years. He turned it over to someone who ran it into the ground. I guess he got it back and his son Logan was incharge. A decent outfit but it can be jittery at times. I know Logan and sent him a slug of B-60 people from my Facebook page the 1960 Buick Universe. 

I'd love to see Glen, Logan and James Kerr (also a super guy) figure out something as they are strategically located and for the most part know their stuff.  Buick people are in a minority in relation to Chevrolet and several other brands and the more support we can get the better.  Mitch

• Like 1

Similiar for myself--i started buying them about 1987, and  spent thousands  dollars 

when i live in New Zealand  , were always    great  but there was a period  in the last 

10--15 years  that responses to emails  were   not so good, like --Kreed ,  Jason, others have said,

i found actual  phone calls  was the best way to   get a solution to any problem,--Kevin and Jeff --

always very good , a lady  forgot name sometimes not so good .

But hope they carry on  with there business for many years to come .