32 PB door seal

jeff t

I am working on a 32 PB coupe and not sure if there were door seals and if yes where do they go, on the door or the body. Any guidance would be great and are there seals out there or do I need to make something up, any pictures would be great. Thanks in advance Jeff  

I have a PA and the technology for sealing air which would leak in the door seams was the WINDLESS which was some sort of rubber covered by cloth and tacked under the inside door panels     do not think they used anything else

I'm not sure they used anything else from pictures I see that looks like all there was, just wondering if anything else was used. I see in the 33 models there was a seal I think on the top of the doors so I was just digging some, thanks all I will keep looking. 

I agree with broker-len that windlacing was used around the door opening.  It is still available from most upholstery suppliers/shops and is basically a rubber foam rod covered in material.  It is typically not attached to the door itself but is tacked under the edge of headliner and door pillar material.  On 33 and 34 Plymouths and Dodges there is also a 'reveal', recessed area on the bottom inside of the door where a circa 2 1/2" rubber piece is clipped to the bottom of the door itself, extending below the bottom of the door circa 3/4" that is flexible enough to seal the bottom of the door where it adjoins the door sill.  I think these are made by Steele and other suppliers but they can be easily fabricated from flat rubber stock, circa 1/8" thick.  See the attached photo of a 33 door for sale elsewhere on this forum and you can see where the rubber seal is installed, holes for the clips being visible.  Runs the length of the bottom of the door and then turns up the front curve of the suicide door about 4".  Not sure if the PA has this but if so it probably just runs along the bottom of the door if so.  Not home now but will shoot you a picture of one installed on one of my 34s if interested.

33PLYMDOOR.jpeg

I looked at the parts list for 28-33 and in the body parts list for the Coupe (Group 23) under the door section (group 23-D) they list a "Door bottom weather-strip" 2 required for the PB.... part # 363631.. it also list two "door header weather strips (upper rear corners L&R) for the PB... PN# 364202 for the left and 364201 for the right side.....hope this helps.....sorry no pictures 

Dave

STAY SAFE!