1937 Chrysler Imperial radiator removal HELP!

I'm attempting to replace a leaking water pump on 1937 CHrysler Imperial 6 cyl but am absolutely stuck trying to figure out how to remove the radiator.  I have unbolted the radiator from the frame and can move it fore and aft a bit but not enough to allow water pump removal.  I can't imagine having to unbolt the front fenders to allow the nose assembly to move forward but don't see any other way. Seems like an awful lot of work for what would ordinarily be a simple repair. Please advise if you can. THANK YOU.

It may be slightly different than my '35 Airstream 8 Cylinder, but I was able to double nut one of the the water pump studs and remove it.  Once that was done, I had just enough clearance to remove the pump assembly without removing the radiator.  Of course I had to remove the fan first which also was a tenuous job.  Re-assembly was similar but again, even in the best of circumstances I had about 1/2" of clearance with the water pump snout and the radiator, a careful job not to accidently damage the radiator.  Good luck, perhaps if you can maneuver the radiator forward just enough, you can get the pump off.  Once you have the pump removed, I recommend the Flying Dutchman to rebuild it, well worth it!  

Greg

• Like 1

Thank you, Greg. Try as I did, I could not get the studs to come out (double nut). I just gave up and unbolted the front fenders, yanked the nose forward and completed the job. I never want to do this job again!!! A ridiculous amount of work.