ID a car,picture taken July 4, 1928

Hans1

Hmmm, all I'm seeing is a bunch of cobbled up letters, numbers, etc.   No pic.  I know it ain't my PC.

Terry

• Like 2

It's a link to a picture hosted on a website called "https://outlook.live.com/" but the link is expired or something along those lines.

If someone wants to post a picture, they should download it to their computer, to their pictures folder, then upload it from their computer to this forum. That way this forum actually has the picture.

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hans1 said:

Thank you, now my friend Jim knows what kind of car his father took his mother out in.

Hans, can you get the picture and post it again?  I own a 1927 Auburn and would like to add the picture to my files.

I never liked 'hosted' photos. Unfortunately, some websites use security and/or blocking codes so that you cannot (easily?) download them to your computer to share them. I can understand the reasoning, sometimes. However, when it is something that does not need careful protecting (99 percent of photos really do not need such protecting?)? Remote hosting and the required links becomes cumbersome and unreliable. Many websites (I don't know how our administrators feel about this?) prefer remote picture hosting because they do not have to have the server space to keep all the photos themselves (a LOT of data in those photos!).

Posting a link to photos also puts the poster and all future viewers at the mercy of some unknown, and likely unreliable or unscrupulous individuals.

Gentlemen: I am sorry that the picture is not visible to all.  I will try to learn another way to enter the picture.

I do so enjoy looking at all the other entries and will try to find a way.

TO    PFindlay,   I  WILL TRY

Hans1, Understand, we were not criticizing you. Only the methodology of the internet.

We are interested, and would like to see the picture. If you can repost it so that it can continue to be seen? We would really appreciate it.

Regardless, thank you.

l used my phone to take a picture of my friends very old photo.

Then copied the image and pasted it to the AACA site.

We did receive an answer to the model, and could see it our  selves.

I tried to send a messige with picture to PFindlay, but do not know if he received it.

Some of the suggestions, to help me, apparently are beyond my current skill level.

Here is the image Hans was trying to post.  It does indeed look to be a 1927 Auburn 8 cylinder Sport Sedan.  I'm also posting a picture of the ad for the 8-77 model.  The car in the photo could also have been the slightly longer and more powerful 8-88.

It's interesting to see the roll out window shades on this car.  I have a pair of these and have thought about fitting them to my car.

Thank you Hans for sending this.

2070331195_1927Auburn2.jpg.4bfbe5785f575f798c83b775d3de2f39.jpg

1508023856_Auburn8-77ad.jpg.b5956c293e46df491d1a1aea87f5027c.jpg

Edited by PFindlay (see edit history)
  • Like 1