International firetruck

That is a neat find. Do you have any paperwork with it? Based on the logo on the front it would be several years newer than you are thinking. That logo was first used in the earlly 20's and was used for many years. But I am not sure that radiator shell fits the truck  you may have a mixture of parts. Keep us posted. 

With the Lycoming engine it is a SD or SL model produced from 1923-ish to 1928+. The Lycoming

engines have an oil pump made from pot metal. These oil pumps are the achilles heel of the truck.

The early to mid-1960's Chevy Iron-Duke 4 cylinder oil pump can be mildly modified to replace the

original oil pump.

If interested, I have a Waukesha, 4 cylinder available -  model XOH, that was used in the IH trucks from 1927-1931.

Similar displacement & HP.

Marty

Looking at the distributor cap and researching that cap, tells me that you have a 1924 -1927 engine.   The tag on the distributor unit (if it is still attached)  will be either a 368B or a 374B.   I have all the internal parts for that distributor available  NOS.  The brass tag with the KB model indication is definetly an add on by someone in later years.   KB models did not appear in the International line until 1946.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't always remember to follow this forum, so missed original postings--

Had not heard before that any of the K series Lyc's---K, KA, KB, KM and perhaps more--had the potmetal  oil pumps---  had understood they were limited to the C series ( CE, CF, CH, CT, CTM, CUWM and perhaps more) oil pumps, and not all of them   (and not the C4, C4W and C4WM, a different C series)...

If engine apart , would appreciate advice whether oil pump potmetal or cast iron..

<any thxx!!!!  Bud 

NOTE: I may've spoken too soon re' the C4 etc...

My 1930 McCord lists the CE, CF, CH, CT with one set of gaskets, and lists the the C4 separately, as if a different engine,  with just its own head gasket---there's no tie to the other Cs, no other gaskets for the C4 for a comparison, no listing for C4W or CUWM...

However, my 38 Victor catalog lumps all of them together, as if all part of obne engine series except for the separate head gasket for the C4 (and presumably the C4W and CUWM,)so they might have potmetal pumps too...

Edited by Bud Tierney
Addituion/correction (see edit history)

Finally dug out some parts catalogs...

Good news re' your KB is that the whole K series---looks like K, KA, KB, KC, KM and KN---all take the same piston assembly and same valves...also the same bearings, altho all appear to be poured (no inserts)...

NOTE that the rod bearing caps are shown as a  type "....with two large drilled oil holes as used in

Internatio nal Trucks...". 

The less than good news is that Lyc parts are not hat easily obtained...

There's a fair list of profe$$ional obsolete parts dealers on justoldtrucks--in their Restoration Parts and Services (?? or something similar) section...

NOTE II---My Lyc file has never been indexed correctly---a quick eyeballing shows good penetration for the K and KB, little or nothing for the rest (my info mostly form old engine parts catalogs so highly incomplete0...

Only Cub I see is Gardner, which used a "K"...will review and post if I see anything else I know has a Club or Group that may know of parts sources,,,

Edited by Bud Tierney
Addition (see edit history)

Here's a better list of cars/trucks using various models Lyc's that have Clubs/Groups I know of that might have info re' Lyc parts sources---

Amer LaFrance and Ward LaFrance (fire eqpmt---fire truck sites)

Auburn,  Checker  and Henney Cabs (Txicab sites), Diamond T (site moribund, facebook group,) Elcar, Fageol,  Henney again for funeral cars, Kissel and Paige,