Studebaker club meet Vadstena Sweden

Dear Swedish Car Nut,

I love these pictures; thanks for sharing them here.

I hope you don't mind but, I have taken the liberty of sharing your post to the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/general-studebaker-specific-discussion/1903709-studebaker-club-meet-7-17-2021-vadstena-sweden-borrowed-from-the-aaca-studebaker-forum

16 hours ago, starlightcoupe said:

Dear Swedish Car Nut,

I love these pictures; thanks for sharing them here.

I hope you don't mind but, I have taken the liberty of sharing your post to the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/general-studebaker-specific-discussion/1903709-studebaker-club-meet-7-17-2021-vadstena-sweden-borrowed-from-the-aaca-studebaker-forum

No I do not mind at all. Glad that you like them.

Thanks for sharing!

Appears to be an excellent turnout of cars, with some nice restorations.  I particularly like the '32 Rockne.  I wonder if it was sold there new, as it has semaphore turn indicators.

Craig

1 hour ago, 8E45E said:

Thanks for sharing!

Appears to be an excellent turnout of cars, with some nice restorations.  I particularly like the '32 Rockne.  I wonder if it was sold there new, as it has semaphore turn indicators.

Craig

I don't see a Rockne. How did I miss it?  Is there a link to more photos?  Awesome photos, and looks like a very active club!

5 hours ago, Tom Devoe said:

I don't see a Rockne. How did I miss it?  Is there a link to more photos?  Awesome photos, and looks like a very active club!

You're right!  Too early in the AM for me when I replied!

Craig

• Haha 1

That's a Rockne Model 75; essentially a Studebaker Model 54 with Rockne badging. The Model 75 was only produced for the 1932 Model year.

The 1932 Rockne Model 65 and 1933 Rockne Model 10 were the ones with the "V" in the grill, and were smaller than the Model 75.

As well, the Model 75 still used the Studebaker 205 cid Six; while the smaller Rocknes used the all new Vale-Cole designed 189 cid Rockne Six, that would later be bored and stroked to become the Commander Six installed in automobiles through 1950 and larger trucks through 1960.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Studemax said:

IN FACT - that photo of Larry Tholen's blue '32 Rockne is from the 2007 International Meet in South Bend.

Correct.

That is where I took the photo.

Craig