Clips for 1965 ribbed rocker molding

RivNut

Does anyone know of a source for the round "clips" for the ribbed rocker molding on a 65?  My 65 was "customized" before I acquired it. The customizer shaved the handles and some other stuff, including welding the front fenders to the rocker panels.  He also removed the ribbed rocker moldings. I've acquired the moldings but not the round clips.  Need a source and need to know how many. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Does anyone know of a source for the round "clips" for the ribbed rocker molding on a 65?  My 65 was "customized" before I acquired it. The customizer shaved the handles and some other stuff, including welding the front fenders to the rocker panels.  He also removed the ribbed rocker moldings. I've acquired the moldings but not the round clips.  Need a source and need to know how many. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,

Look at the back of the moldings and count the tabs, that will tell you how many you need.

I believe the clips are available through Cars...I'm sure the clips have another application if you want to squeeze the buffalo....

Tom

Someone used to reproduce them.  I have a set for adding them to my '64 and have had them since ~2008.  No idea who I bought them from anymore though.  That being said, they are pretty simple affairs so you should be able replicate them in metal.  I think 3D printing would fail too easily as you're pulling the print layers apart which is where a print is weakest.

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

Thanks Tom,

I'll check and report back on what I find.  After I posted my original question, I had a thought about having some 3D printed if I can find an original to copy.

Ed

CARS had them. $1.50 each plus shipping . 
KReed

ROA 14549

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Thanks Tom,

I'll check and report back on what I find.  After I posted my original question, I had a thought about having some 3D printed if I can find an original to copy.

Ed

Dont over complicate things...they are available from several sources with various applications,

Tom

Thanks,

Can you point me in the right direction?  I looked at Mr Gs USA but didn’t find anything.  I couldn’t navigate CARS website well enough (don’t know how the factory would have classified it and from what I see CARS is set up with corresponding group numbers)

Thanks,

Ed 

2 hours ago, kreed said:

CARS had them. $1.50 each plus shipping . 
KReed

ROA 14549

Thanks Ken, I looked at their online listings but apparently don’t know which group to look in.  I’ll give Jeff a call on Monday.

Ed

Thanks, found them.  Part #MC99.  The description says that they are 1-5/8" inches in diameter.  Did these work as a direct replacement for you?  The guy I'm trying to help says that his measure 1-3/8".  Just curious at this point because I need to purchase an entire kit for my 65.

As always, Thanks

Ed

• Like 1

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and Rod Serling is smoking a cigarette in my Riviera's back seat. I

had my rocker moldings off to repaint them several years ago and all I recall holding them on were Phillips

head screws. I have no recollection of any round clips! Were there two different designs? 

• Like 1

The round fasteners  and screws are used on the long pieces only(2) . Screws only on the short pieces(6) There are about 4 “lips” on the long panel fits over the round fastener . 

KReed

ROA 14549

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...