Ford 1930 town car delivery in Ca.

Walt G

Perhaps this will be something for the Model A Ford experts to comment on . Location is San Diego, Ca. in late 1930 the caption in Autobody magazine says that " they are finished in silver and Lavender with black running gear" The drivers were costumed in Spanish style attire. The logo on the side was a decal. Some other details are given as well as to who ordered these to be built.

iFordAtowncardelivery1930.jpg

• Like 4

Walt: 

It appears as if they were based on Deluxe Roadsters by the cowl and door width.   Any information who the coachbuilder was?  In their striking color combination, they must have cut quite the figure in traffic.

Steve

The windshield stanchions look like stock '30-'31 standard open car ones.  They would be stainless steel and the stanchion mounts would be painted.  The mounts on these cars look like they are chrome plated or maybe silver paint to match the bodies.  '30-'31 Model-A deluxe open cars had shorter stanchions and windshield frames to match.

I bet the bodies started out as '30-'31 standard phaetons.  The car on the right could have been a 1930 model.  The stainless steel radiator shroud appears not to have the '31 painted top insert.  Also, barely noticeable on the bottom right after the sidemount it looks like the split (which a lines with the froward end of the running board) between the running board splash shield and the splash shield nose piece.  And I just noticed the running board is trimmed on all edges with zinc strips, a sure sign of a 1930 model.  The 1931's had only the outer edge trimmed in zinc strips.  The metal sidemount covers were Ford factory offered accessories.🤩     I want one!🤪

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

• 2 weeks later...