For Sale: 1933 Pontiac Chief 4 door Sedan, Straight 8 - $22,500 - Wilder, ID - Not Mine

For Sale: 1933 Pontiac Chief 4 door Sedan, Straight 8 - $22,500 - Wilder, ID

Classic Car - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1933 Pontiac Chief 4 door Sedan, Straight 8 cylinder, odometer: 55000

Copy and paste in your email:  943d52baca113d77a1594e24db60cef5@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1933 Pontiac Chief 4 door Sedan.

'33 Pontiac 8 ID a.jpg

'33 Pontiac 8 ID b.jpg

'33 Pontiac 8 ID c.jpg

'33 Pontiac 8 ID d.jpg

• Like 3

Good question. I would think Fords, Terraplane 8s, or big fast luxury cars (Cadillac etc.). I imagine maybe Franklins and Studebaker Special Sixes a few years earlier. I get the "gangster car" comments all the time in my 36 Pontiac. Kind of surprising to me, but I never say anything to spoil their fun. Pontiacs of that era had a reputation for being long lived but not very fast, so I think it is probably one of the last cars a gangster would be found in. 

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

The 1933-'34 Pontiacs are 223 ci straight eights, no major performance car.   But the one major benefit is to own a car styled by none other than Frank Hershey, who joined GM Art & Color after Walter Murphy Coachbuilder closed.   

• Like 1

Gangsters liked big and heavy sedans if possible, good for protection.  Usually with a straight-8 or V-8 for power.  Al Capone's favorite car was a Cadillac.  Al also was the inventor of the drive bye shooting with a Chicago typewriter, i.e. Thompson Sub-Machine gun.  Dillinger, Bonny & Clyde, etc. liked the V-8 Fords for their speed and availability for steeling.  They also were not gangsters, but bank robbing/kidnapping/murdering outlaws.😒

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

Great looking Pontiac!  As for the gimmicky stuff at car shows, I think most of that stuff is pretty silly, however at least someone is there with a car. If the tray of fake burgers on the window or the stuffed dog peeing on the tire makes them happy then so what.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GregLaR said:

These things:

807346967_timeoutdoll.jpg.616e2993cfb2621f94dc9016c12a9eb7.jpg

The urge to start an impromptu soccer game with one of them is almost overwhelming....

Wife at any given show- "I just want to kick it as far away as I can.  Those things are just plain creepy!" 😁

A standing joke for years!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Great looking Pontiac!  As for the gimmicky stuff at car shows, I think most of that stuff is pretty silly, however at least someone is there with a car. If the tray of fake burgers on the window or the stuffed dog peeing on the tire makes them happy then so what.

Well if they are trying to recreate the past I admit I cannot remember ever seeing a kid leaning on a car bumper crying or whatever that one is doing but a dog peeing....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1