Need help to ID wheels

Rowdy

A friend asked me to help ID these wheels. Looks close to 33 Dodge wheels, but are 15 x 5.5. They are made by Motor Wheels Corp. Can anyone positively ID them? Thanks Rod

29946.jpeg

29950.jpeg

29946 (1).jpeg

29951.jpeg

29952.jpeg

29953.jpeg

29954.jpeg

29955.jpeg

29956.jpeg

5 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Very nice wheels, are they for the Jumbo Balloon tires? Bob 

Honestly I have no idea which tires they are for. They are 15 x 5.5. I do know he would like to sell them after they are properly ID'd. Patent date is 1921, but that has no relevency to when they were made and what they were made for. Thanks Rod

Graham used a 5 bolt 5.5 bolt circle pattern in 1932 or 1933 for a couple years with a hubcap similar to the Desoto pictured above if that helps you . Where are the wheels located and how much is your friend asking for them

7 hours ago, graham 58 said:

Graham used a 5 bolt 5.5 bolt circle pattern in 1932 or 1933 for a couple years with a hubcap similar to the Desoto pictured above if that helps you . Where are the wheels located and how much is your friend asking for them

The wheels are located in Gothenburg, Ne. He has not set a price as he has no clue what they are worth. Thanks Rod

Graham did offer 15 inch wheels in 1933, I have never seen wood wheels in 15, only disk wheels.  Lots were taken off an thrown in the barn because you could not find 15 inch tires in the late 1930s.  The paint on the wheels are consistent with original Graham wheels I have seen, just not 15 inch.  So yes they might be Graham.  They could be several Graham color codes dark blue with silver stripes.  Great wheels they should be saved.  The great part is with the correct wheel bolts they will bolt up to all 1933 Graham cars, the bad part is you only have 4 wheels

This is an original 1933 17 inch Graham wheel

image.png.81e1b0a0c0e9332062d16f8a6bc797da.png

image.png.c365c16bb80645983ef44d09b818b3bf.png

1933 Graham Coupe with original 15" disk wheels

Edited by Graham Man (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Thank you. Think you all have helped him get a grasp on era and possible makes. The 1921 Patent date had him looking at earlier cars. If anyone is interested in the set of four let me know and I will get you in contact with my friend. Thanks Rod

Edited by Rowdy (see edit history)