1930 Buick Model 47 - my new Buick

Hi all,

I posted this topic some time ago but put it in the generic restoration topic. Thought it would be better placed in the Buick world..

"I have just picked up my new Buick Model 47 6 wheel equipped sedan, she may not look like much but she has good bones and should come up well after restoration. The previous owner, who owned her for about 25 years or more,  was a former panel beater but has sadly entered a nursing home recently, She was likely built at the Holden Plant in Victoria, Australia (as she has a light switch for the rear light just under the tail light that was a mandatory addition in the state of Victoria back then). She was last registered in April 1958 and obviously garaged since then with 68000 miles on the clock. The wood is in near new condition with only one small section of rust near the base of the driver foot wall vent door.  Thought I would share a few photos, Cheers Paul"

1. Photo of the Buick in the location it has spent the last 25 plus years

2. Out in the sun and ready to roll

3-6 stripped , rust in cowl under foot ventilator cut out, body undercoated

20210626_094221.jpg

20210626_105128 (2).jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2115 (1).jpg

648015304.jpg

• Like 10

Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone can point me in the direction of a cobra short grain fabric supplier. I checked with Bob's but he has advised that he is out of stock and has no idea when new stock will come in

Thanks in advance

Paul

On 7/24/2021 at 9:22 AM, Paul White said:

Hi All,

I am wondering whether anyone can point me in the direction of a cobra short grain fabric supplier. I checked with Bob's but he has advised that he is out of stock and has no idea when new stock will come in

Thanks in advance

Paul

Paul,

Leather was available on Holden bodied Series 40 Commonwealth Sedans.

• 3 weeks later...

HI all,

Covid has hit Sydney and the state of New South Wales hard, and with a lock down barring travel more than 5 kilometres from home, I haven't been able to get down to my friends house to get involved in the restoration. My friend is the one with all the skills and the plan was that I would learn skills along the way under his guidance. Well, although I can't get to work on the new Buick, I have been working on my '36 with new carpet, and an order put in for new fabric for doors, kick panels etc. On the other hand, my friend has powered on with the '30 which is sad for me but I am glad it gives him something to do whilst stuck at home, we are into our 9th week now with no sign of it lifting before the send of September. Any way, I will post a few photos so you can see how far it is come. 

Cheers Paul

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Paul

Certainly a smart looking ride progressing along. Have you emailed the QLD Prewar Buick club. Colin Hinxman has a 30 buick and may have a part or know some one who has. He rebuilt my 38 and is a wealth of knowledge. 

regards

John.