1948 Dodge Coupe on Facebook for 8G in NJ. Looks decent. Might be original paint.

I guess I could live with the green for a nice body like that. Looks like it has an under dash sound system or CB radio? The engine bay is real clean. I'm wondering what the black box is that is mounted to the firewall.

This is one of the best Facebook car ads I have seen. Granted, that’s a low bar. But this one has pics underneath, a realistic price, and the pics and text give you enough info to see that it is worth a trip to see it. 

The car looks good too.

I could live with the seat for a while and then do something about the interior as a winter project. 

• Like 2

Looks good but look closely at the pictures of the rocker panel area.

It appears to me that the body mounts / brackets have been replaced/welded.

Would like to see some pictures of the trunk, too.

Not picking on the car just observing and sharing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supercub said:

I guess I could live with the green for a nice body like that. Looks like it has an under dash sound system or CB radio? The engine bay is real clean. I'm wondering what the black box is that is mounted to the firewall.

Might be some kind of electrical converter to run the under dash radio setup, or it’s the black box for the engine computer 😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not a buyer, but the “face of that car” and in a coupe platform says “worth 8k or best offer “ to me unless there is something hidden about the condition or operational systems. 

• Like 1

This strikes me as a nice driver-quality car that someone could purchase and enjoy right away.  I don't know enough about these to comment on the asking price, but it seems reasonable and if the seller genuinely want's to 'sell', then I'd expect there's room to negotiate...

I have a driver 46 model which this is basically a copy of. There are 2 area's of these cars that get some major rust issues and I am seeing one right away. Lower corners of the truck seal.  Second I can't tell but it is behind the lower rocker trim that runs the length of the car.  If that large trim piece is held on with aftermarket screws then it is a good chance the metal behind it is rotted away or bondo'd.  Simple and reliable rock solid motor and trans with the fluid coupler. Really like the fact you can remove the entire front floor to work on things

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)

Seller states that the car is 100% original and you can interpret that statement any way you want. The seat and carpet certainly aren't and I don't think the paint is either as it's too shiny.  It looks like an older base-clear refinish that's coming off the top of the right rear fender above the taillight all the way up the bead. The opposite rear fender on the driver side looks fairly rusty on the bottom behind the wheel opening and there's something going on behind the RF headlight bezel too. If these are indeed rust issues it will definitely have a negative effect on the rather optimistic 8K price of this old soldier that's got 110,000 miles on the clock. 

17 hours ago, GregLaR said:

I like it too.

The seat may not be correct but at least it's vinyl rather than the dreaded velour, praise be to Ganesha's holy tusk.

Could be Naugahyde, grown locally here in Naugatuck, CT.  The Nauga are nearly extinct now save a few head along the route 8 corridor. 😁😁

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, supercub said:

The Onceler culled every Nauga that roamed CT for the manufacture of aftermarket car seats. The haze still lingers in the sky from the sooty process.

Onceler?

30 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Dr Seuss character from the Lorax.

I guess its been too long since I read the Lorax...

In order to save the last of the nauga herd, budget upholsterers have switched to polyester mouse fur...

• Haha 2

Sailing takes priority, sorry to admit, also fighting for time are a motorcycle fleet.

My Wasp has seat covers over the original heather grey fabric, the tops are a cross-hatch blue nauga which is pretty cool.

I may at some point remove them and clean the original fabric.

20201101_122421.jpg

• Like 1