Making parts on a CNC out of billet.

New upgraded project. We will list these for sale in the approprite  areas, but I though they would be an interesting example of what a five axis machine can do. These are made from solid bars. Every surface is machined 100 percent. They are Purolater replacement oil filters that take a spin on cartridge and can be used over and over. Replacement cartridge filters are 4 dollars each. They are an exact replica. Even better than the ones we did in the past. Enjoy, Ed.

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 12

Yes they do look really nice! I am curious, if they are exact replicas? What are they exact replicas of what car originally? Application of course could be used for many cars of the same era. The 1925 Studebaker standard coach I had many years ago had had its original filter replaced with a vintage Purolator filter after-market add-on.

No, we have the usual old school stuff like Joe P. We send the batch and parts runs out to local shops.

3 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Yes they do look really nice! I am curious, if they are exact replicas? What are they exact replicas of what car originally? Application of course could be used for many cars of the same era. The 1925 Studebaker standard coach I had many years ago had had its original filter replaced with a vintage Purolator filter after-market add-on.

Exact replicas, we make five different ones that covers most of the big pre war stuff. We also make some brackets. They are direct fit with factory lines.

They really do look great... mine was painted flat in keeping with the undone engine look so it may not be the picture Ed wanted posted, but I will say that the quality is top notch and then some!

I have pictures of a NOS one from eBay a while back, but a different size than the one on my 31 Pierce. It sold for about half of the modern aluminum one and the internal filter could ruin an engine f it’s as dry as I would suspect.

DD61BDA9-A82A-4604-8F4F-79201D131CFE.jpeg

81C1CEA8-5DD8-4227-94B9-7D043372D854.jpeg

• Like 2