Value on 29 and 30 RR

jcrow

Anyone care to value the 1929 and 1930 Rolls coming up in the RM and Gooding auctions

at Pebble. I am somewhat in the market. I have numerous brass and classic American cars

and one un-restored Silver Ghost roadster (Springfield).

I love to tour my cars. How well do these cars run?  Any typical issues to watch for?

Six cylinder seems a little behind the times for this period.

Thank you for any information.

Johnny

There is a 1929 Twenty #GLN-9 with a Barker Sedanca DeVille body near me that is for sale. It was fitted with a 20/25 engine from chassis GHA15. It is in nice driver condition. Estimated range of value seems to be as low as $25k to $50k, all depending on its mechanical condition.

Rolls 1.jpg

Rolls2.jpg

Rolls3.jpg

Rolls4.jpg

Rolls5.jpg

Rolls6.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 7:34 AM, West Peterson said:

There is a 1929 Twenty #GLN-9 with a Barker Sedanca DeVille body near me that is for sale. It was fitted with a 20/25 engine from chassis GHA15. It is in nice driver condition. Estimated range of value seems to be as low as $25k to $50k, all depending on its mechanical condition.

Rolls 1.jpg

Rolls2.jpg

Rolls3.jpg

Rolls4.jpg

Rolls5.jpg

Rolls6.jpg

That is a decent car.   Needs blackwalls,  wheel disks and maybe the yellow painted black.

Before you even consider any car with a division window that drops down behind the drivers seat you have to sit in it to see if you fit! How tall are you and do you have long legs?

I owned a magnificent  running Phantom I Trouville town car (S74PM)  for a decade + and was in denial the entire time that it was comfortable to drive - I was really to tall to do so and that was why I eventually sold the car.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Walt G said:

Before you even consider any car with a division window that drops down behind the drivers seat you have to sit in it to see if you fit! How tall are you and do you have long legs?

I owned a magnificent  running Phantom I Trouville town car (S74PM)  for a decade + and was in denial the entire time that it was comfortable to drive - I was really to tall to do so and that was why I eventually sold the car.

Walt,  good advice and true of any divider car.    I thought RM gave this car away at Arizona last year,  but you needed to be 5.5 or shorter to drive the thing.

PhantomI-MarlboroughTownCar.jpg