My 1950 Buick super sedan

My second car ever was a 1950 Buick Special 4 Dr. Jetback sedan that I bought in 1984. Straight Eight and a 3 speed. I LOVED that car. It was very fast and comfortable.  While nor everyone's stylistic favorite,  I have always liked the look of a '50 Buick. Needless to say,  I like your car a lot.

Edited by ericmac
Clarification (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike "Hubbie" Stearns said:

Nice ride. What are your plans for it?  Looks like it needs a paint job. Mike

My plan is to enjoy it like it is for now. I'm only 26 but wanted something different to enjoy. When funds allow I want to have it refinished and rechrome the bumpers. Redo the carpet and get the clock and radio working.

• Like 5

You have a neat car. It will take time and a lot of patience to bring it back slowly. Get it sorted mechanically so that it is reliable to drive. This way you can enjoy using it while you work on it. If you do not already belong to the Buick Club of America - JOIN NOW! great people, excellent publication ( once a month!!!) join a local BCA region or chapter if there is one near you, the members can suggest places to go to for some parts, work you can't do etc. The club has a huge selection of people that you can ask advice of as well listed in every issue of their magazine.

If you are not a member of AACA join now, the absolute best major car club on the earth. Also look into local regions of AACA.

If you can make it to the AACA annual Fall meet in Hershey , Pa. do so, you will get to meet a lot of people in person who will be very enthusiastic to see someone your age with a car built in 1950 that you obviously are proud of .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am very proud of it. I just wish I had a two car garage. The car is at my parents detached garage for now. It barely fits in my one car garage haha but I do like how simple it is to work on. I just wish parts were more easily found sometimes haha.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Reed said:

I am very proud of it. I just wish I had a two car garage. The car is at my parents detached garage for now. It barely fits in my one car garage haha but I do like how simple it is to work on. I just wish parts were more easily found sometimes haha.

Whatever you do, don't limit yourself to a 2 car garage.  Believe me, the old Car hobby is infectious and the cars tend to multiply. 

This is a great hobby.

• Like 1

Your right about the garage. I know we are talking about the 50 but I have a 2004 Buick that was my grandfathers he passed on in 2011 and I really like the car I have spent a lot of money to make it look like a new car against the Ohio weather and salt. I no longer drive it in the winter. Most people I talk to say to just junk the car and get a better one when I was working on it. But the centimental value outweighs the retail value by a lot. It doesn't matter to me. That's just my two cents. Has anyone has that experience with their cherished cars?

Edited by Mr. Reed (see edit history)
  • Like 1