1949 Buick Roadmaster Riviera - on HAMB - $4500 - Oswego NY - Not Mine

On the HAMB for-sale site right now.  Two photos.  Here's some of the text in the ad: 

Car was stored in a barn on a wood floor since 1961. Body and frame are remarkably solid. Front floors each have holes, rear and trunk floors are rock solid. Exterior is overall very solid with a few small areas of rust. Car is complete except for fender skirts and rear seat bottom. All the rare trim is there. Have not tried engine, assuming it is stuck from sitting.
I would love to build this, but health is preventing. Here’s one that will save you thousands in rust repair it doesn’t need. Asking price is $4500 but I would like to find her a new home, if you're interested ask any questions and make an offer.

Car is in central NY state. I can deliver to you anywhere, and since I am retired, on short notice, for expenses. Message or you can text or call 315-440-7351. If you call I won’t recognize your number so will not answer, leave a message and I’ll call. Text is easier.

84938988-6C4D-491E-AD1A-D15D102DD35C.jpeg

CDEDAC0E-D52A-4F71-8513-7CF0C45E9AA6.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Great point, and I struggle with this sometimes. I still think you should be able to get a running and driving car for $500. 😳

My first car, bought in 1970, was a running and driving 1951 Pontiac for $125.

• Like 2

I bet it could be gotten for half the asking, and allowing for inflation, that's not too bad.

'49 Rivieras are really sharp cars when they're done, and about as desirable as the fastbacks.

Diamond in the rough!

• Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, B Jake Moran said:

Seems like a real good buy.  $4500 is the $2000 car 15 years ago.  

After reading the entire HAMB ad the person offering this car for sale seems very knowledgeable about 49 Rivieras and knows what he's selling is far more desirable than most of the other ho-hum cars from the period. He also writes an informative ad with a seemingly honest description of exactly what he's selling. Still he's open to offers and will even deliver to the buyer for expenses. I don't think he's going to be very receptive of lowball (half) offers and my feeling is he definitely won't sell to the first person that shows him a short stack of hundred dollar bills. This is a very desirable model and is in much better condition than most projects you see for sale. If I were the seller and someone offered me an insulting 2K for it they would be run off my property in short order and told to never return under any circumstances. 

• Like 1