Mystery early motorhome

nzcarnerd

20 hours ago, J.H.Boland said:

Look familiar ? About a 1920-21 Olds, I believe. Did NZTV play The Beverley Hillbillies ? Theirs was a '23. it had a nickel plated rad shell.

Beverly-Hillbillies-truck.jpg

Yes, TVNZ did play the Beverley Hillbillies, and repeated it many times.

The house truck above has differences from the Olds truck. the radiator curve for a start. Leif suggests possibly Haynes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

Yes, TVNZ did play the Beverley Hillbillies, and repeated it many times.

The house truck above has differences from the Olds truck. the radiator curve for a start. Leif suggests possibly Haynes.

He could be right. I've never seen one.

• Like 1

The Beverly Hillbillies vehicle was not an Oldsmobile truck.  It was a converted car. 

If you look just behind the door you can see the lower part of the "B" pillar that the rear door attaches to.  At the bottom of the part you can see the curve to the back that follows the contours the rear door.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There have been articles on the Hillbilly's vehicle over the years and it is definitely a cut down Olds touring car. The model is out of the memory bank but it did have the 4cyl engine I believe with the three port head,similar to the bigger Chevrolet FA or FB,not the 490. Olds offered a V-8 from 1916 to 1923 but the Hillbilly's car didn't have one if memory serves.