1940 Packard 110 - $25,000 (FARGO)

If it runs and drives, why not put some film in the camera and drive it out of the barn to get some current pictures. 25K is a lot of money to spend on a car that is virtually sight unseen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the concern on pics but I know more than one person with nice stuff and no smartphone, or the basic pc skills to post pics.  In fact, unless they are shopping cars regularly, the standards of advertising today might even be lost on them.

This car, in a complete open bodystyle at this price should stand on its own to a Packard fan.  Of course in a 60 year ownership "new" is relative.  A top put on in the past 15, 20 years may be new to the seller, and likely pretty nice, that alone is a few grand. 

While it is possible someone let it go, and more. Current pics are a must for a serious buyer, the reason for the dated pics might be legit.

• Like 2

AJ it still seems light to me, as it is still an open prewar Packard that appears to be together, and presentable unless it was left outside since 07.   These usually show up as heavy projects (Tom had one a few years back, needed everything, but it ran) or restored for maybe $20k more than this one.  I like this one as it falls in the middle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've talked to the person that posted it for sale. He listed it for another person.. I've asked for more details and pictures . He said he was going to take pictures of it on a rack in order to get the under side..  I also have asked for a picture of the title..   Nothing has came back to me as of about 1 1/2 weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, 03AUG21, this car is still for sale.  I talked to the seller three days after the ad was posted.  He stated that he had too many calls on the car and was removing the C/L ad.  He put me on a "first come, first serve" list and contacted me two says ago.  He sent forty photos and two videos of the car running.  It appears to be a very nice car.  But it will need sorting out.  Once it is back on the road you will not be ashamed to take it anywhere.  I've wanted one of these cars for along time. but I'm in the middle of restoring another car in a two car garage.  There 's just no room to store the Packard while I work on the project.   I don't know why it hasn't sold.  I don't think the condition of the car is the reason. I know I'll look back and kick myself for not buying this car.  The logistics just don't work for me at this time.

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_20180.jpg

IMG_20180-2.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm?

Hard to say.  It's a nice body style, agree price might be a touch high for a 110.

Personally the car just screams "Dullsville" to me, with the dark gray paint, tan roof and black wall tires.  It's just about as unexciting a combination as one could imagine for an otherwise nice car.

Would be hard to ignore at AJ's suggested range if it were relatively local.  I kind of like the plain radiator cap, blackwalls and lack of doo- hickeys to make it look like a big boy Packard.

Different class of car of course, but more than one guy w/big Packards has told me that for what it is, the 6 in the 110 is outstanding, and generally more durable than the 282 8 in the 120.

• Like 1