1926 Buick help

Servin

Hey guys so I’m trying to figure what’s what under the hood and I noticed a couple thing maybe you guys can clarify some stuff so I there’s this metal rod type thing wanted to make sure if I connected where it should be and why my honey comb radiator has an extra open port of some sort I seen in other photos online that it connects to on top of the motor maybe for water circulation but my motor doesn’t have that type of opening took some photos hope you can help thanks! First photo is the rod seem like a hook and behind the distributor looked like that’s where it went correct me if I’m wrong 

2nd photo is the motor 

3rd is the radiator opening that goes somewhere or gets blocked off 

4th is where I connected the rod

25F400A5-BAE4-44DE-9079-26B8338162B8.jpeg

CC116284-022B-497C-9E93-F9B86D47276A.jpeg

780B7C42-9A7C-4DC0-B09F-8F5642A1E288.jpeg

BC1FC00E-1B65-4639-845C-9552E068EC87.jpeg

Per the rods at the base of the steering column,

one is the throttle, essentially the same as a gas pedal, but without the safety of a return spring.

the other would be a link to the distributor in order to retard the spark when starting the car, and to advance the spark while driving.

I believe your car would have had a thermostatic bypass, so that could be the other hole at the top of the radiator.

Your best bet would be:

1.     get a shop manual

2.     Move this thread down to the BUICK PRE-WAR SECTION for best results

Good Luck

On 7/12/2021 at 10:31 AM, Servin said:

Hey guys so I’m trying to figure what’s what under the hood and I noticed a couple thing maybe you guys can clarify some stuff so I there’s this metal rod type thing wanted to make sure if I connected where it should be and why my honey comb radiator has an extra open port of some sort I seen in other photos online that it connects to on top of the motor maybe for water circulation but my motor doesn’t have that type of opening took some photos hope you can help thanks! First photo is the rod seem like a hook and behind the distributor looked like that’s where it went correct me if I’m wrong 

2nd photo is the motor 

3rd is the radiator opening that goes somewhere or gets blocked off 

4th is where I connected the rod

780B7C42-9A7C-4DC0-B09F-8F5642A1E288.jpeg

IF your car has thermostatlly controlled radiator shutters, that opening in the radiator tank is for the thermostat that operates the shutters.