1937 Roadmaster 4-dr. sedan in Texas, ready for sale

This is the '37 Roadmaster that fell out of the barn in New Hampshire two years ago, and was subsequently driven from N.H. to Texas (2,000 miles) with the only incident being a dirty fuel filter. I have now completed the repairs to the front of the car, tuned it up, adjusted the valves, rebuilt the mechanical fuel pump, installed a new battery, painted the engine the proper color, replaced the grille and nose piece, replated the front bumper, gotten the front fenders repainted, straightened the bumper braces, and it runs and drives very, very well. Loves to cruise at 55 to 60 mph. Has an exhaust manifold crack that quiets down as soon as it gets up to operating temperature. All gauges work, clutch and transmission are smooth, engine does not smoke at all and is very clean under the valve cover. Tires are good, brakes so-so (I may get time to rebuild the master cylinder), and the engine is very dependable. 

Previous owner removed the windshield wipers, interior sun visors, heater & defrost ducts. Believe me, you do not need a heater in this black car with the heat that the 320 engine puts out! Odometer shows 42,000 and I think it could be correct because so much of the car is original and unrestored. Back seat upholstery, all interior door panels, dashboard finish, and headliner are all original. There is no rust that I can find and little if any body filler. Wood framework is solid. No holes in the trunk floor nor even the lip just inside the trunk. Wiring is newer and looks good. I have more photos for those who are seriously interested. $10,995 or close offer. Located in Leonard, TX. 75452 which is 75 miles northeast of Dallas. 

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

• Like 4

I really like this car but I have no room for it.  A pre war  Roadmaster for 11 grand; now that's a great deal for a whole lot of car!

GLWTS

• Like 3

I thought the same thing...very fair deal!

• Like 4

Jeeeze Pete, this is so tempting. Love the original interior! It's a ROADMASTER!!!!!!! Very fair asking price. WANT!!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Go for it, Lamar.  You need a road trip. OR I could drive it to you!

Ben

It really needs and deserves a better home than I could give it Ben, but that would be a fun trip either way. I'd love to fly out and drive it back home, you could be my copilot. 

• Like 3

No surprise here. And kudos to you Pete, you’ve always priced your cars, and parts too for that matter, very fairly. Remember the Texas Pete Special I picked up in Fredericksburg. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

No surprise here. And kudos to you Pete, you’ve always priced your cars, and parts too for that matter, very fairly. Remember the Texas Pete Special I picked up in Fredericksburg. 👍

Pete "gave" me some McLaughlin Buick hubcaps.  All I had to do is pay shipping.

Very grateful.  Thanks again Pete.

• Like 1

I didn't pay a lot for the car when I got it, so I passed that savings along to the buyer. I did have to spend some bucks for parts, body  repair, and paint and I am getting that back in the purchase price. Just don't have room for another car, and this one is too nice to let sit out in the weather.

Pete

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1