What people will do to cars for entertainment - Cars launched off a cliff for fun

Ray62

Airboddy got their own ideas about fun. Somehow I've never been able to get into destruction for destruction's sake. 

I still have a lot of my model cars. A little dusty but intact. My cousin liked M80s and blew up every one he ever built. He grew up to be an explosives and demolition engineer. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoy going to the occasional demolition derby but just launching cars off a cliff wouldn't really appeal to me.

And who is going to clean up the side of that cliff when it's all done?

Some of those cars are going to be real tough to recover along with all the pieces.

Wouldn't appeal to me.It's similar to running an engine without oil to see how long it will go before it locks up or blows up.I can't see destroying things that work just for the fun of it.Someone somewhere can use those cars for a more noble purpose.That's just me.

• Like 1

Anyone ever see the completely idiotic Youtube video of some A-hole with a Model T buck board truck,with it's front wheels chocked and it is running in high speed gear burning up the rear tires on the ground ,smoking and motor screaming  till the rubber came off the rims. Painfull to watch..because you live in the same world..as this frog guy.

There are plenty of low in smarts ,F-in hill-billy types(used in the worst possible un-pc way) watching and chearing .

Edited by Flivverking (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Wouldn't appeal to me.It's similar to running an engine without oil to see how long it will go before it locks up or blows up.I can't see destroying things that work just for the fun of it.Someone somewhere can use those cars for a more noble purpose.That's just me.

Reminds me of the “Cash for Klunkers” program back in the double naught era to try to take old cars off the road and make way for new car sales.  Engines had to be run dry until the seized and then the car junked.  Good old American ingenuity at work.

• Thanks 2

I have seen this event before somewhere.

The drone makes it even more fun....

Looks like a couple of thousand spectators are having a blast.

Here, hold my beer for a sec.....................

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rocketraider said:

My cousin liked M80s and blew up every one he ever built.

I remember being 13 or 14 years old and shooting a model car to pieces with a BB gun. Then I painted each random shaped part a different color and reassembled it.

Creativity takes many forms.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I remember being 13 or 14 years old and shooting a model car to pieces with a BB gun. Then I painted each random shaped part a different color and reassembled it.

Creativity takes many forms.

I thought I was the only one who shot model cars(and boats) to tiny pieces.

After Ted Holden retired his 1935 Chrysler after 13 Great Americn Races, we sent it to the Great Ameican Race Museum in

Granbury TX.   Bubbed the "Endurance Champion", I included that cliff footage in the endless loop tape that accompanied

the car in the Museum.   After six months in the Museum, Ted loaned  the car to Bill Secrest and his daughter who drove it

in the Peking to Paris race and finished 3rd in class.   I raced that car in 9 of its 13 Greatraces, Truly a Endurance Champion,

but I would never drive it off a cliff.