34 trans mount

rageracing

That’s after cutting the bottom mount to 1 1/4” overall height.  It’s tight but I think it should work.  I can’t get the top mounts on it’s too tight so need to loosen the mounts and get them on then retighten everything 

On 7/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, rageracing said:

That’s after cutting the bottom mount to 1 1/4” overall height.  It’s tight but I think it should work.  I can’t get the top mounts on it’s too tight so need to loosen the mounts and get them on then retighten everything 

You can always ad spacer/ washer between the bottom mount and the frame, should not effect anything , or even make up a 1/8 spacer for both sides, good luck,,,,

That bottom cross piece with the rubber part mounted on it are not, I think, officially mounts. The mounts are between the bell housing and the frame, one on each side. The bottom cross piece is for damping the "floating power" motion of the engine.

If you install with the mounts first then you can bolt on that lower piece and the rubber should compress as needed to fit properly.

So I pulled the lower mount, put the top mounts on, centered the studs coming up from the top rubber mounts into the bell housing steel bracket, tightened them down.  The 7/16 bolts that go into the bell housing I had in but not tight, just before bottoming.  I then installed the bottom and bolted that tight and tightened the top mount completely.  After machining the lowest rubber mount to 1 1/4” thick it seems to have about 1/8” compression now.  The top bolts are slotted in the bracket so I let them float alittle.  Maybe I shouldn’t have but I’ll see if the shifter now fits and works without having to shim that up