1937 Buick Special - $85,000 (DOWNEY)

Good Heavens!  It's a one car parade!

I don't recall EVER seeing this many trinkets, toppers, lights, doo-dads, ornaments and adornments in one place, outside of a swap meet.  :lol:

I count no less than 5 mirrors (and possibly more).  It's like a rolling catalog of a American auto accessories.

trink1.jpg.8c9d5bff3eb4ccf2b4b1e122c5fcb36f.jpgtrink2.jpg.c08a9eccbfbc3b06f7d189c0eea06dfd.jpgtrink3.jpg.fd29743a0b1c7943c3f92a59b60c3729.jpgtrink4.jpg.6d1fc2be5622452a673766d9cbb74036.jpgtrink6.jpg.6b01ab3cd5aa11d60fce02c887dd7c6c.jpgtrink7.jpg.c7420c4b3f2a71859199763f696056b2.jpgtrink8.jpg.74d496928d6c94b88f3be0527a712f8a.jpgtrink9.jpg.35bd0726bfdd0118aa68c14a7ecd3639.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/downey-1937buick-special/7346521902.html

1937 Buick Special with Dual sidemount it was featured in October 2017 on LOWRIDER MAGAZINE. Has rebuild 1952 Buick motor with open drive rear end. Has many accessories with new white wall tires, S1 Spot light, 2 Trip Light, back up light, original License plate frame that reads (Buick Company Los Angeles) Front and back new wire harness and there are too much to list for this car.

Aside from too many accessories (where can I  get one of those steering-wheel clocks?), it's a good-looking car, and reasonably stock. 

Get it back to standard ride height, buy a couple more cars to put the extra geegaws on, some stock '37 wheels, and you're good to go.

Oh, and buy it for about $60K less than asking price.

3 hours ago, suchan said:

Aside from too many accessories (where can I  get one of those steering-wheel clocks?), it's a good-looking car, and reasonably stock. 

Get it back to standard ride height, buy a couple more cars to put the extra geegaws on, some stock '37 wheels, and you're good to go.

Oh, and buy it for about $60K less than asking price.

suchan,  I thought the same thing, but I felt one would need to spread these trinkets out over about ten cars!  

Agreed, there's a great car underneath all that bling.

I also thought the car had been lowered but perhaps it just the added weight of all that ungapatchka crushing the springs.  :lol:

If you are ever in Los Angeles around the middle of May, make it a point to attend the George Barris car show in Culver City. You will see many of these cars of the 40s lowered a fully decked out. This car show is quite a large show with an example of several different styles of autos. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of a flat black faded original 20s car that I've seen at the yearly Mystic Seaport Antique pre 30s car meet. It had every 20s accessory mounted on it, including travelling dinnerware, carJack's, etc for long distance statewide travels. The show is kind of cool because the owners of the cars take people for rides around the museum grounds, you get the full effect with the fumes and noise, it's not just a static car show.

I think these guys call them "bombs" and a candidate is mid 30s to early 50s.  Stock drivetrain and tons of accesories, mild mods.  Often sedans.  Beats crate sbc powered turqoise at, ac shells that were once nice old cars anytime imho.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Uptowndodge said:

Nice car but he’s out of his mind $85,000 come on

I'm pretty sure that's Indian Rupees..............so then the adjusted amount is $1105.00 dollars..........price seems fair for such a nightmare.

4 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Beats crate sbc powered turqoise at, ac shells that were once nice old cars anytime imho.

I agree 100%.  This style is quite popular here in the Bay Area and there are some really nice examples at the "Cars and Coffee" events that I attend with my Buick.  However, I also agree that the asking price for this particular car is crazy high.

Yep, I didn't pay too much attention to price as that is obvious.  I ran into some LA guys who were making their first trip to Hershey a couple years back, they were in the same hotel and we got talking.  Nice group.  They could care less about speed mods for these cars and were looking for rust free cars and all the accesories like the one above has.  

I also appreciate some of the more modified, later lowriders of the early to mid 70s.  Like other areas, I think certain periods and styles for these cars are better than others.

A person can and should ask whatever they want, but I wouldn’t ask $85k just to be clowned by a few guys here. I think he did this to himself. Hell I got a bunch of crap for asking $2500 for my banjo steering wheel, I can’t even imagine the comments if I was asking $15,000  same like asking $85,000 for a $25,000-$30,000 car. One thing a lil different I got my $2500 at least one of us got paid.

• Like 2